🌸7🌸

Marinette hummed as she walked past the bakery and to her garden. She walked in and couldn't help but smile at the sweet smell of her flowers. She grabbed the watering can and watered her flowers, vines, trees, smiling as she kept them alive. She heard the door open and looked down at her watering can. The footsteps stopped at the door and she continued to water her garden. They footsteps got closer to her and Marinette bit her lip as she heard their breathing get closer. "Hello?" Marinette faced where the breathing was, heaving in and out.

"Hide me." Adrien heaved and Marinette giggled as she motioned for him to hide under a flower bed. He quickly ducked as screams emerged from outside. She watered her flowers as they died down. Adrien peaked out from under the flower bed then stood up.

"Why did you need to hide?"

"Fangirls," Adrien heaved and caught his breath. "And I need to tell you something."

"What?" Marinette faced him as he placed something on her head.

"You're a Princess," Adrien smiled and she blushed. He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and she blushed more. "You're my Princess."

"Is that your way of asking me out?" Marinette giggled.

"No," Adrien sighed. "It's a parting gift."

"Parting gift?" Marinette lifted a brow. "You're leaving?" Her eyes watered. He was her only friend from her darkened eyes.

"For a small photoshoot in Switzerland. I'll be back in a couple months." Marinette bit her lip and nodded.

"What did you put on my head?" Marinette asked.

"A crown."

"When are you leaving?" She asked as she opened the box of pasties and gave him a croissant.

"Tomorrow." Marinette sighed and nodded.

"Hey," Adrien cupped her cheeks. "When I get back how about we go on a date?" Marinette giggled and nodded her head, giggling into her wrist making Adrien softly smiled.

"But just as friends, right?" She lightly laughed and Adrien nodded.

"Yeah." He smiled softly at how the tiara tilted on her head to the side. He walked her home after and then walked to his, grabbing his bags and putting them in the limo before heading to the airport.

• • •

Marinette sipped her coffee in the cafe, looking out the window into darkness as it rained outside. She sipped her coffee again and listened to the ticking clock. Tick, tick, tick, tick, tock tock tock. It was three o'clock. She sipped her coffee again and closed her eyes and shakily let out a breath.

"Excuse me," Marinette opened her eyes and looked in the direction of the voice. "I-I couldn't notice how beautiful you looked."

"O-Oh," Marinette blushed. "Thank you."

"I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?" Marinette shook her head.

"I-I'm sorry but I don't know you and I don't think going on a date with a stranger would be wise." She heard him sit down.

"Well," his voice was so familiar. "I promised a date as soon as I got back." She clasped her hand over her mouth.

"A-Adrien?" She smiled at his name escaped her lips.

"Yeah." He laughed and tears edged in her eyes.

"When did you get back?"

"One hour ago," he smiled. "So, tonight?"