🌸12🌸

Adriens longingly stared out the window as it began to pour down loudly. He hadn't seen Marinette since the date, and that was six weeks ago. He knew she would be at her garden. She was there everyday and he was always overjoyed to walk in and find Marinette there, but he couldn't help but imagine her. Marinette looked so much like all the way down to the same disability, same wonderful eyes, same hair, same everything. She was her. He still had her picture framed on his desk, before the surgery that ended her life. She was going to get working eyes but no, they had the cut an artery and she bleed to death on the table.

It poured down harder and he bit his lip thinking about her. She was and always will be so beautiful to him, but Marinette was perfect. Marinette was smaller then her, she stud below Adrien while she stood above him. He never got to take her on a date but got to spend everyday with her down to the surgery where he never got to see her again. He never got to kiss his sweet, sweet Bridgette. He promised her would kiss her after her surgery, but she never made it through.

There was a knock on his door and he turned and saw Nathalie. She glanced up at Adrien from her tablet then took a double take. "Where're you crying?" She asked and Adrien wiped his cheeks. He didn't notice.

"It's nothing," he whipped his eyes and she nodded, knowing its was over her. "What do you need?"

"There's a flash flood warning and your Father wants me to make sure you were still here and not with her," his eyes widened as he grabbed his jacket off of his couch and zipped it up. "where do you think your going?"

"If there's a flash flood warning then I have to get her." Nathalie grabbed his arm.

"Adrien it's an 86% certainty a flood will go through the streets."

"She's blind, Nathalie. I have to get her to safety before it even happens," Adrien ripped his arm from her grasp and he ran through the house and out the front door and into the streets. He ran to the garden and found Marinette drowning in the water. "Marinette!" He jumped in and grabbed her by the waist, grabbing her backpack and pulling her into the streets. Her greenhouse was two feet below the streets. He ran and carried her to his house, setting her down on the stairs as she coughed up water, both of their bodies soaked.

"Adrien" Gabriel's voice boomed as Adrien tried to tend to Marinette. "What on Earth did you do?"

• • •

Marinette groaned as she felt warm blankets surrounding her. She sat up, her hair in ratty stands sticking to her face. She pulled her hair away and felt around the bed, feeling the sheets and soon meeting someone's leg. She pulled her hand away and blushed. "I-I'm sorry." She stammered and he laughed, blushing more.

"It's fine Mari," Adrien laughed as she blushed more. She started coughing and he placed his hand on her back. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah," Marinette stammered. "Where am I?"

"My room," Adrien nervously laughed. "I know you don't really know your way around here but I can't really take you home."

"Why?" Marinette asked.

"The streets are flooded," Adrien kept his hand on her back and she started coughing again. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"N-No," she shook her head. "The last thing I remember was drowning in the green house. So much water invaded my mouth I thought I would die," she coughed again and spit up water. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Adrien smiled.

"Why did you leave?" She bit her lip.