🌸14🌸

Marinette rubbed her eyes as she leaned her head on Adriens shoulder, yawning loudly as he bit his lip. He knew his parents were looking for eyes close to Marinettes eye color, maybe they could take Bridgette's. He picked up Marinette and carried her to his room and placed her into his bed, grabbing his phone and heading out of the room. He sat in a large chair that faced a black wall.

"Mrs.Gunier?"

"Adrien, it's been a long time." She was surprised to hear his voice.

"I-It has," Adrien gulped, his nerves rising. "D-Do you still have Bridgette's eyes?"

"The doctors never put them back in, they're in an office somewhere. Why dear?" He gulped again.

"I-I made a f-f-friend. S-Sh-She has eyes like hers and her parents wanted eyes close to her eye color and I thought, they could use them. Put them to use again." He knew his last sentence was a pour choice of words.

The line went silent. For a moment, Adrien thought she hung up until she let out a shaky sigh. "I-I know Bridgette would've liked the thought of her fixed eyes to go to someone who's dear to you Adrien. I'll try to find the doctor to get you her eyes."

"Thank you." Adrien softly smiled, a small relieved huff escaping him.

"And Adrien."

"Hmm?" He hummed as he stood up from the chair and started to walk back to his room.

"Please, be the same kind man you were the Bridgette to this girl. She was lucky to find you, Adrien," Adrien stopped on the stairs as Gabriel headed out of his office, looking at Adrien as he kept his head down. "Bridgette loved you, she truly did."

"I-I know. I was lucky to find her," Adrien sighed. "I-I should get back to her."

"What is this lucky girls name Adrien?" Mrs.Gunier asked.

"Marinette," Adrien couldn't help but smile at the sound of her name leaving his lips. "Bye." He hung up and continued walking up the stairs, Gabriel clearing his throat and Adrien freezing in his spot, his foot hovering over the next step.

"Adrien, is she here, this, Blind Girl, you went on a date with?" Gabriel asked and Adrien slowly nodded.

"She was drowning in her garden, I brought her here and I'll take her home after the storm ends and I won't see her again. I promise," Adrien continued his trudge up the stairs and went into his room, Marinette still peacefully asleep on his bed. He sighed as he sat on the side of his bed and pushed her bangs back, gently kissing her forehead. "I can't promise that."

• • •

Marinette bit her lip as her, Alya and Nino sat out by the bay of a lake they found a week after the flood. She leaned her head on Alyas shoulder. The three becoming friends after Chloe was suspended for harassing Marinette after Sabine found a large bruise on Marinettes side. Alya looked at her as Marinette let out a long, slow sigh, the distant sun setting. Nino said he would help bring her home.

"Something on your mind?" Nino chuckled as the shore of the lake tickled his toes.

"I'm on a list to get new eyes but I want my eyes. I want to be able to see out of them and not someone else's." Marinette sighed as the two looked at her as she brought her knees to her chest.

"It's great you're getting eyes Marinette, but something you just have to go through thing the way they go. If you want to see you have to go with someone else's eyes, if you want your eyes you can't see," Alya brought up. "It's all about pros and cons."

"Yeah but-" Marinette listened to the small tussle in the bushes neither two heard. Marinette jumped at the feeling of hands wrapping around her body. "W-Who's holding me?" Marinette froze.

Nino snickered soon boiling out a loud laugh as Alya snapped thousands of photos. "Adrien Freaking Agreste." Alya muffled through her hand. Marinette relaxed and leaned against Adrien.

"Should've known. He always does that." He dug his head into the back of her neck.

"Does what?" Alya snickered.

"He always sneaks up to me and freaks me out," Marinette sighed. "What do you want?"

"I got great news and I wanted to tell you. I already told your Mom and Dad," Adrien smiled against her neck, the smell of her hair so different from Bridgette's smell it was...delighting. He spent so much time around Bridgette she imprinted on so many of his things that it was hard to forget her. "I found you a pair of eyes."

"What?" Marinette jolted up and faced him. "I told you I want my-"

"I told you," Adrien cupped Marinettes cheek. "You have the same eyes. It'll be the same. You won't look that different." Adrien smiled and Marinette sighed as she leaned her head forward against his chest.

"So they're like," Nino wheezed. "They're like the same color?"

"Yeah," Adrien smiled. "Sorry I'm Adrien, but you already know that. What're your names?"

"I'm Alya and the dying boy is Nino," Alya smiled. "He's not really dying, Marinette," she hummed. "How long have you guys been a thing?"

"What?!" Marinette giggled as she faced Alya. "We're not a thing, Alya! We're just friends, geez!"

"Yeah," Adrien sadly grinned. "We're just friends."