🌸13🌸

Adrien bit his lip as he lowered his head. "Nathalie said that I should leave you alone because it would make more people think we're dating." Blush rose on his cheeks.

"There's something else, isn't there?" Adrien looked over at her. "I can hear it in your voice. That you're holding something back." Marinette blinked her eyes.

"You look so much like her," Adrien blurted out then cover his mouth, looking at Marinette as she lifted a brow. he sighed, bringing his hand down. "You're hair, your eyes, your smile, your skin. Her hair was longer but I can see her in you. Your kindness, compassion, generosity and how you would get angry and scared in the same ways. How your eyes, you both can't see," Adriens eyes blurred with tears. "I loved her so much, but you'll never be like her."

"Who was she?" Marinette asked, her voice soft.

"Bridgette," Adrien sighed. "She was going to get eye surgery and died on the table. I never got to see her again, and she never saw me." Adrien muffled a sob behind his hand.

"I'm sorry," Adrien looked at Marinette as he eyes drifted around him. "I'm sorry I'm not her but please understand Adrien that she died for a reason, you're alive for a reason," Adrien sighed and nodded, wiping his cheeks with his fingers. "My grandmama said that when you meet the person you're meant to be with it, it's like a garden blooming all at once and that you'll live there forever," Marinette licked her lips. "Meeting you was like that Adrien."

"It was the same for me Marinette..." Adrien sighed.

"But what about Bridgette? Did you feel that way for her?"

"No," Adrien bit his lip. "It was like butterflies exploding around me, swirling into my hair and out."

"My grandmama said that the garden would bring the two people together, but I don't feel anything for you Adrien. I can't."

"Why?" Adrien asked as Marinette rocked back and forth, swaying to an unheard music. When she was in this room, she could feel the thumping of piano strings and and ear the melodies of the piano.

"I believe at love at first sight, and I can't see," Marinette sighed, biting her lip. "Do you play piano?"

"Yeah, why?" Adrien asked.

"Could you play me something? I love music and from the moment I woke up I've been hearing your song."

"My song?" Adrien laughed.

"Everyone has a song played by instruments. I hear piano when I listen to you, guitars when it comes to my parents. I hear the sorrow you play with and the happiness in your voice when you laugh, your soft voice creating a crescendo of politeness and happiness to your laugh. It's wonderful. Could you play a song for me?" Marinette asked and Adrien laughed slightly.

"Yeah," he took her hand and lead her downstairs to the grand room. He sat her at the piano and set her hands on the side of the piano and he began to play. Marinette swayed with the music until it ended. She smiled as he finished. "Did you like it?"

"What song was it?" Marinette asked.

"In The Rain."

"When I can see," Marinette faced in Adriens direction. "When I can see I want you to play this for me. I could hear every piece of you in the song and I could truly understand you. I want to look at you and listen to how you are." Adrien blushed.

"Okay." He softly smiled. He never got to play for Bridgette.