Chapter 6

Chapter 6

   In the morning, I awoke to the sound of the familiar ring tone of my phone playing loudly, and the buzzing of the phone because it was also vibrating.

   Bryce’s arms were tightly wrapped around my waist and his face was buried in my hair, which was probably as jumbled up, as the twigs in a birds nest.

   I tried to shake myself free from Bryce’s tight grip, but all I got was a low groan and, “Stop fidgeting!” from Bryce.

   I pinched the skin on his wrist and his arms immediately let go of my body. I heard him grumble, “Meany butt,” to me and he flipped himself around and turned his back to me.

   I shrugged and walked towards my super cluttered desk where my phone was carelessly laying and picked it up. It had already stopped ringing, so I checked my missed calls. Taylor had been the one calling.

   I glanced at the time on my phone, 9:36. I decided to call Tay back…

   “Do you know that I called you?” Tay demanded when she answered the phone.

   I yawned loudly and sarcastically replied with a, “Oh, yeah. Good morning to you too!”

   “Ugh! You sleep too much!” Tay groaned.

   “…And you need to sleep more! I mean who wakes up at 7:00 every single day! This here Tay does!” I replied with a grin taking over my face.

   Tay groaned, and I could almost imagine her closing her eyes and throwing her hair back. “Just get your fat ass to my place!”

   “Rude!” I said, faking a tone of offense. “Bryce is here with me too,” I added.

   “Bring him!” Tay shouted into the phone like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

   I shook my head at my friend’s craziness. “Okay, I will! God! Just give me some time!”

   Tay chuckled and sarcastically said, “No! Just come over here with a pillow covering your privates!”

   “Tay-lor!” I shouted, splitting her name into two parts. “Have you been reading naughty novels again?” I asked with a big smirk plastered on my face.

   “Definitely! They’re all stacked up on my bookcase; you can take some to Illinois with you if you want!” Tay said sarcastically.

   Then it came crashing down on me. I was moving to Illinois. Tomorrow. Great, I’d rather get run over by a bus.

   “Okay, well I guess I’ll get ready now,” I said. My voice was less enthusiastic and drearier.

   “You do that, and I know for a fact that Bryce is still sleeping so tell him to get his lazy ass up, and get ready,” Tay said, not catching the change of tone when I spoke.