Chapter 19

Chapter 19

   I was lying on my bed with my arms and legs spread apart carelessly. My head was dangling off the bed, causing all of my blood to rush to it, and causing my dark locks of hair to fall over my face, making a curtain around it.

   In my hand I was grasping my iPod and listening to the playlist entitled, ‘depressing songs.’ I was quietly mouthing out the words to the song and slightly shaking my head to go with the tempo.

   It really wasn’t fair. My parents are lost inside of the infamous Bermuda Triangle and I now had to be sharing a house with eight boys, and one of them hates every last bit of my guts.

   I really wanted to talk to my friends back home in Phoenix, but I called them each about four times and every time it went to their voicemail.

   I had a dozen thoughts running through my head all at the same time, and my mind was all jumbled up, and the extra blood in my head from dangling really didn’t help.

   I was in the Crawford family home by myself. Paisley and Simon took the nurse’s advice and had me skip school. I think the maids, Eleanor and Jeanne were here, but otherwise, everyone else was at work or at school.

   I stood up from my position on the bed and stretched. Then I started pacing my room slowly. After thinking about it a little bit, I decided that I wanted to go for a jog.

   I dressed myself in cute black running pants with a pink border around it, and a tight pink tank top. I placed my iPod on an arm band and aliped on my hot-pink Nikes. I twisted my hair up into a ponytail and slowly opened the door that isolated my room from the hall.

   I made my way down the steps and took a few turns and finally made it into the living room.

   The large T.V. on the wall was playing, and a body was longing on the couch. I knew for a fact that it was neither Eleanor nor Jeanne because the body took shape of a male.

   I creeped closer to the person so I could get a good look at who it was.

   I noticed the messy blonde hair and the glistening green/blue eyes and the thin, baby pink lips. These features only belonged to one person, and that one person hated every last bit of my guts. You guess it. It was Nick.

   He had on a tight white shirt that hugged his muscles and abs really well and made him look incredibly sexy. Wait. Omigod. Did I just say that? Anyway, he had on a pair of black knee-length basketball shorts and white Nikes. His hands were comfortably placed behind his head, and his feet were crossed over one another and lifted up on the mahogany coffee table. A black T.V. remote was resting on his stomach and he was smirking at the T.V. which was playing reruns of ‘The Simpsons.’ He was such a typical teenage boy.

   As I stared at him, I thought about what he was doing here. Didn’t he have school to attend?

   Then I remembered what Dylan told me. Nick was completely finished with college at nineteen years of age. Duh Adel!

   I shook my head and tried to think of a way I could get to the front door without him noticing me because I really didn’t want to talk to him.

   I decided to slide against the wall and quietly sneak to the front door.

   I did just that and my plan worked really well until I got to the front door.

   “Just where do you think you’re going?” Nick questioned all the way from the living room. The tone of his voice made it obvious that he had a smirk plastered on his face.