Chapter 15

Chapter 15

In the car, Reese constantly tried to flirt with me. His flirting was fun the first couple of minutes of me sitting in his car, unbelievably close to him, but afterwards it got pretty annoying.

“You know if I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together,” Reese said. I rolled my eyes at the extremely old and cheesy pick up line he used.

“No need since N and O are together in the alphabet already,” I retorted, rejecting him.

“Are you lesbian? Because no girl has ever resisted my manly charm,” He said with a smirk and a flash of his glimmering white teeth.

“Manly charm? You’re funny! And I am very much attracted to males, just not the ones like you, thank you very much!” I replied to him while carelessly leaning back on the seat and crossing my arms together.

    “Do you have a boyfriend back where you came from? Is that why you won’t respond to my flirting?” Reese asked suddenly while licking his bottom lip curiously.

My chest tightened and my mouth dried up. All I could think about now was Matt and my ‘meaningless’ relationship with him.

Reese looked at me through the corner of his eyes and he must’ve noticed my pained expression because next thing I knew, he was apologizing.

“Look I’m sorry for bringing it up.”

I shook my head slowly. I couldn’t let Matt ruin everything he’s in the past now so it doesn’t matter.

“It’s fine.” I reassured him. Immediately after I said that, I continued, “I had a boyfriend who broke up with me after I told him I was leaving.”

Reese scoffed and ran his hand through his hair, “Wow. Isn’t he a wimp?”

I shrugged at his comment and decided not to think about it anymore. I focused on the gigantic building right in front of my eyes and read the sign. ‘Sanders High.’

    This was my school? I widened my eyes and stared at it, soaking in all of the details of its architectural build.

As if reading my mind, Reese smirked and said, “Yeah babe. That’s your new school.”

“How did you know that I was thinking that?” I asked him curiously. Was he like a mind reader or something?

“Well I have ears which can hear what people say,” Reese stated in an obvious tone.

“Wait! I said that out loud?!” I exclaimed. I probably sounded like some poor old girl that’s never seen something so large and mighty in my whole life.

 “Yes sweetums!” Reese said with a smirk, calling me the nickname his dad called me when I first arrived.

 I glared at him for a few short seconds and flew out of the car and searched for Dylan.

Reese caught up to me and yelled, “Who are you looking for?”

I sighed and told him, “Dylan.”

   Reese grimaced and asked, “Do you really expect a twenty year old to still be in High School? Even if he’s unbelievably dumb?

   My position stiffened. The only Crawford boy that was nice to me and acknowledged me in a non-perverty way wasn’t here to show me around my new school.

   “Oh,” I replied, feeling stupid.

   “Don’t be sad Addiekins, I’m here to help,” Reese suggested while resting an arm over my shoulders.