Chapter 11

Chapter 11

   When I first walked in, I half expected the house to reek of smelly boys, but I quickly thought otherwise, when the aroma of honey and vanilla reached up to my nose, and filled it with its delicious scent.

   I swiftly opened my eyes and was greeted by an empty room, which I half thought would be filled entirely with boys. Standing next to me was Paisley. I could tell she was amused by my actions because she had a certain grin on her face that said so.

   “Don’t worry! They’re all out in a field with their dad, playing football. You have a good two hours before they show up, and amaze you with their appearance,” Paisley said with a smile. The last line had been said through a voice, drenched in sarcasm.

   “Okay, so I’ll get situated. Oh and before I go, I just wanted to know if you had a bottle of hair dye… preferably in a rather dark shade?” I asked unsurely.

   “Oh, yes! Of course I do! I have a color called, ‘Midnight Black,’ and it will suit your hair type very well!” Paisley said in a very giddy voice.

   “Um… thanks?” I stated, but it came out more as an unsure question.

   “Okay, stay right here… I’m going to go and get it,” Paisley said before running off in the direction of a grand staircase.

   I stood there with my posture stiff and looked around with curious eyes. The house was actually very… homey. If you looked at it outside, you would think that everything in this house would break if you took a step, but no.

   The olive green leather couches were stuffed with pillows, and the walls were splattered with different colored paint, and the decorations were handmade, probably by a younger Crawford boy?

   There were some elegant touches to the room, such as; a beautiful glass vase filled with daisies and roses, the China tea set settled on a mahogany coffee table, on top of a luscious rug which was traced with beautiful designs and patterns.

   “I’m back!” Paisley called from the stairs. I could hear the shuffle of her tiny feet, as she made her way down the series of steps.

   Before I knew it, Paisley was standing before me, holding out a bottle of ‘Midnight Black’ dye.

   I graciously took it in my hands and thanked her. She gave me a small nod and smile in return and showed me all the way to my room, which was on the third floor.

   I opened the door and was greeted by the most beautiful shade of teal. I had a queen sized bed with bed sheets which portrayed the ocean. The walls were filled with boards which had amazing drawings on them, stuck with push-pins. There was a large sized blue lounge chair, which looked very comfy, considering the amount of plush pillows it was buried under. There was a large dressing table, filled with nail polish, makeup, hair accessories, and other things like that. There was a night stand by my bed, which had a lava lamp, a metallic blue alarm clock, and a few magazines, filled with the recent gossip. There was a desk which was filled with school supplies and last but not least, my closet. It was a huge walk-in closet, which would hold my six suitcases for sure! The room they put me in, did not make it seem like I was only staying here for two short weeks.