Chapter 7

Keegan's POV

"We've been shopping for groceries here for almost a month and you still manage to get lost?" I reprimanded when I finally managed to locate my roommate. "I swear, Skyler, keep this up and I'm buying you one of those pet leashes that have GPS tracking on them."

"It's only been three weeks since we moved to Aberville," he protested weakly.

"It's been over three weeks but that's beside the point." I sighed. "Look, Sky, you have got to stop acting like a kid and be a bit more responsible. You are eighteen years old but the only time you are relatively serious is when you hook up and sometimes not even then. I know that you are used to having Beth around but she can't babysit you anymore."

"Yeah, but I have you now instead," he smiled at me. "And in a way it is so much better because she didn't appreciate me giving details about what I'd been doing with girls but you don't mind."

"Sky, you and I are bros," I started to explain slowly so that the blond would be able to keep up. "We can talk about girls, we can go on double dates but I sure as Hell am not going to follow you around, making sure you don't forget where our apartment building is or that you haven't lost your schedule again." He huffed and pouted, proving that no matter what I preached and how I tried to convince him to see things from where I was standing, he'd still act like a child. "Now grab one of those milk cartons behind you, put it in the basket and let's go to where the canned food is."

Sky turned around and was just about to do as I told him when we heard from behind us:

"Excuse me, can you grab me a carton of fat free milk, please?"

The voice belonged to a slim brunette in here teenage years. Skyler's pout was immediately replaced by the same boyish smile I'd seen him use whenever a cutie was around.

"Sure thing," he replied, handing her the item she'd requested. "But I really don't think you need it; you look great."

The girl giggled as blush covered her cheeks.

"Thanks," she muttered, heading for another part of the store. She kept slightly turning around, delicately sneaking glances at Sky until she was hidden from our sight.

"Sky..."

"Um?" He was distracted, looking into the direction the girl had disappeared to.

"The milk," I reminded. "You got hers, now how about you get ours?"

"Oh, yeah," he grabbed a carton off the shelf and placed it in our shopping basket. "She was cute, wasn't she?"

"Yeah, she was."

"Pretty face, nice body," he kept enlisting. "Seemed a bit on the shy side but I don't mind."

"Why didn't you ask her out then?"

"It would've seemed creepy to do it all of a sudden," he explained. "That is why we are not going to the canned foods section as we planned to; we are going thataway instead," he pointed to the direction, "then we'd turn left and 'accidently' bump into her again."

"Oh, so now you can find your way through the store?" I reprimanded, annoyed that not ten minutes ago he'd called me on my cell because he wasn't sure about his own whereabouts.

"Yep. I might get lost easily but once he senses a hot chick, he doesn't lose the trail," my roommate stated proudly, glancing down at his crotch when he mentioned 'he'. We turned left and I was surprised to realize Sky had been right: the brunette was selecting fresh vegetables from a nearby stand.

"Told you," my friend mouthed to me, sauntering casually towards his unsuspecting target. "We should really stop meeting like this," he joked when he reached her, pretending to be picking out carrots.