Chapter 11

Keegan’s POV

“I can’t believe I had no time to pick a costume,” my roommate whined again, glaring with jealousy at a couple of ten years old, who had dressed as Peter Pan and that Disney chick with the bushy read hair for the fair. “Why did they give us so much homework anyway? I started having nightmares about getting chased by numbers.”

“Well, at least I don’t have to walk next to you while you are dressed in green leotard,” I noted, watching Peter Pan play tag with his friend; the two kids were chasing each other around a corndog stand. “Come on, I need to find Morgan.”

“She already found you,” my sister’s voice commented from behind me. We turned around to face her.

Morgan hadn’t put on a costume either but that came as no surprise to me. It was next to impossible to convince her to get out of her designer clothes even though she’d become more down-to-earth since she’d started dating Caden’s older brother Logan. The boy in question smiled at us while keeping his arm around my sister’s waist. Even though Morgan was obviously taken, there still was a nearby group of young guys who were gawking at her. Not that I could blame them; she was tall, beautiful , with silky reddish-blonde and had an air of confidence about her. Logan didn’t seem to care as he knew the girl was only his.

“So, where’s the rest of the gang?” Morgan inquired.

“Ash took my sister to his parents and Cade went with Alice to look for the Greens, Will and Cillian,” Sky replied before I could.

“So my baby brother would rather spend his time with his lovely mother-in-law than with me?” Logan jested. We were all well aware of the cold war between Caden and Elanor.

“Just don’t rub it in on him,” I ordered. “I came to have fun, not for family dramas. Besides, they should be back any time now…”

Just as I said that, our four friends approached. The three girls exchanged hugs and immediately started to chatter away. Looking at their amiable expressions now, you would’ve never guessed there was a time when Morgan absolutely abhorred Alice.

“Why do girls always have to hug when they see each other?” Logan asked, shaking his head.

“It’s just a way of greeting,” Ash explained with a shrug and I saw Sky’s blue eyes sparkle.

“Oh, man, Caden, I missed you so much!” He shouted in a squeaky girlish voice and threw himself at the newcomer.

“Don’t even think about it,” Cade growled, making Sky freeze in his spot.

“It was just a joke,” the male twin muttered. “So what are we doing now that we are all here at the fair?”

“How about we get some cotton candy?” Alice suggested and the Millers grinned.

“Do you want some cotton candy, baby?” Logan muttered huskily to his girl.

“Maybe just a little; you can have the rest,” she concluded.

“I’m not going to ask you if you want cotton candy,” Caden snuggled Alice closer to him. “Just how much you want.”

“Okay then,” Logan kissed my sister on top of her head. “The cotton candy machine is thataway, right behind the carnival shooting range.”

“Did you say a shooting range?” Sky asked excitedly and both Beth and Alice groaned. What was the big deal with the range?

“Yeah…” Logan drawled, surprised by my roommates sudden enthusiasm.