Chapter 22

A shout out to;
louist91girl you were the first to vote on the last chapter!

And also to montse3456 because I don't think I've dedicated a chapter to you and also you were the second one to vote! :)

Louis stepped inside Niall's room, his heart heavy with the news he had just received.

Niall was still sleeping but the doctor told Louis that he would be waking up any moment now.

So the Doncaster lad grabbed a stool and sat next to his friend's bed.

He took Niall's hand in his own and slowly stroked the back of his hand.

It wasn't after much long that Niall stirred and groaned a little.

Louis' head snapped towards him and he was up in a moment.

"Hey Nialler." Louis said softly as he stroked his hair.

"Hi." Niall's voice was groggy.

"How are you feeling?"

"Sore." Niall answered shortly.

"I don't remember anything to be honest." Niall continued.

"It's alright, I'm glad you're alright." Louis said softly.

Niall weakly smiled;
"Yeah.... At least me and my baby are alright." he said as he moved his hand towards his stomach.

Louis' heart shattered on hearing that.

Another confirmation that Niall didn't know.

There was still a little bump on his stomach, which was really just a swell now.

Louis guessed Niall felt the difference as he furrowed his eyebrows and proceeded to lift his hospital gown up with his good hand.

"Wait Niall!" Louis said just before Niall could lift the gown;
"Before you do anything, it's best that you hear it first."

"Louis?" Niall questioned.

"Just know that none of this is your fault. It's what fate had decided for you." Louis tries easing his friend into it.

"Louis you're scaring me." Niall's breath quickened.

"N-Nialler...... The baby...... Um...." Louis stuttered.

"Louis." Niall said through gritted teeth. Tears threatening to spill.

"The baby couldn't make it Niall." Louis said softly as he hung his head low.

Niall's hand immediately went limp in Louis grip and he let out a heart wrenching sob.

"N-no Louis." He sobbed.

"Niall please don't-"

"NO!" Niall shouted cutting Louis off.

"IT CAN'T BE LOUIS!!" Niall continued shouting.

Louis noticed the heart monitor beeping at an alarming rate.

"Niall please calm down. This isn't good for you!" Louis said loudly as he stood up and grabbed Niall's hand.