Chapter 7 -Blade Runners

Water splashes across my clothes as Mary hits at the water, her infectious laugh filling the air. There are bubbles all over her face and hair, making a cute little bubble beard. She scoops up a lot and turns to me, "Momma!"

"What?" I ask, grinning at her.

She scoots forward and presses the bubbles to my face, creating a matching bubble beard for me. She laughs hysterically, like its the funniest thing she's ever seen in the world. To make her laugh harder, I over exaggerating blow the bubbles, causing them to twirl around in the air. She laughs and reaches up at them, batting them with her little hands.

I hear the sound of the door to the bunker opening up and I smile, realising that Sam must be back from his hunt. I turn to Mary and smile at her, "Uncle Sam's home."

"Unce Sam!" She cried happily.

I push myself to my feet and reach over, grabbing her towel and looking to her, "Let's go find him huh?"

She stands up and I scoop her up quickly, making her laugh harder. I undo the plug to the bath, allowing the water to run out as we make our way out of the bathroom. I make my way towards the front room and call out to him, "So I assume everything went to plan?"

"Uh, Addy-" I hear Sam say in warning as I climb the steps to the main room.

I look over and freeze on the spot, the smile on my face dropping instantly. My heart pounds in my chest and I feel like my brain has stopped, my eyes unable to leave him.

"Dada!" Mary yells in pure joy.

She squirms out of my arms and runs over towards Dean, the towel around her beginning to fall. He catches her and lifts her into his arms, wrapping the towel around her again. Her arms are wrapped tightly around his neck and he holds onto her for dear life.

He presses a kiss to her head, his eyes closed as he says quietly, "I missed you so much baby girl."

"Missed you, Dada." She says back, causing my heart to ache.

My jaw is clenched tightly as I turn away from the side, looking towards Sam. His expression is a mixture of guilt, but I can also see that he's happy to have his brother back. I glance back and see Dean looking at me, his eyes hesitant.

"I guess there were some things you decided to keep out of our conversation." I say, my eyes narrowing at Sam.

"Addy. We worked the same case." Sam says, "We found Garth-"

"You found Garth?" I ask, suddenly sidetracked, "Is he okay?"

"That's a long story." He says, "But, Dean and I talked... He wanted to come back."

I don't even look towards Dean, knowing I can't do it right now, "Well that's good for him, isn't it."

I glance down at the ground and call out, "Mary, come on sweetie. We need to get you dressed and ready for bed."

I hear the pattering of her feet and I reach out, taking her hand as we make our way towards her bedroom. I'm trying to hard not to cry, scream, do anything stupid. We soon reach Mary's room and I quickly dry her off, beginning to put on her pajamas when I hear footsteps making their way to her room. I don't look up, knowing exactly who it's going to be, I instead focus on doing the buttons up on the clothing.