Epilogue - Here's To The Future

Six Months Later

My fingers quickly do up the final buttons in the onesie and I let out a triumphant cry, "Haha! I told you I'd beat you!"

"Barely." Dean says as he looks over at me, "You only one because she kept kicking her little legs around."

"You don't think little Sammy doesn't wriggle like there is no tomorrow?" I ask as I lift him up and place him on my hip.

"Yeah, well I'm gonna beat you next time." He says as he lifts Jo up off the change table.

"Yeah, we'll see about that." I murmur as I make my way out of the nursery.

"Yeah we will." Dean mutters, following after me.

I roll my eyes as I make my way down the stairs, hearing two little voices arguing with one another. I reach the bottom of the stairs and see Mary and Harlow arguing over a toy truck and I frown at them, "Hey, what's going on here?"

"Mary is trying to take my truck!" Harlow dobs, frowning at his sister.

"I want to play!" Mary exclaims, trying to tug it off of him.

"Mary, stop that now." Dean scolds, making his way over towards his daughter.

She let's go of the truck in a huff and folds her arms over her chest, a big pout on her lips. He kneels down beside her, "Mary."

She turns away from him and he looks back at me and I sigh, shaking my head, "Mary, Dad is trying to talk to you. You need to listen."

She turns back slowly and he looks her in eye, "Mary, that is Harlow's toy and he was playing with it. Now you can play with it when he is done, but you do not snatch it from him. That's not very nice, is it?"

"No." She says reluctantly.

"Now maybe, if you ask nicely, he might let you play with it?" Dean asks, looking towards his son.

He nods his head and Dean looks back to Mary, "What do you say?"

She looks at her brother, "Please Halo?"

He holds the truck out to her and she takes with a big smile on her face, "Thank you!"

"You're welcome." He says politely as she begins to play.

"See, that wasn't so bad. Was it?" Dean asks.

Suddenly Jo begins to cry from his arms and Sammy gets fussy in mine. I look towards the clock and realise it's time for them to feed, "All right, I'm getting you your bottles."

"I'll get them baby." Dean says as he walks over and hands me Jo.

"You sure?" I say and he nods his head, "Yeah, you go sit down."

He makes his way towards the kitchen and I walk around, trying to calm down the twins while we wait. It's been a hectic six months, a lot of adjustments that Dean and I had to make.

Those first few months after God and the Darkness disappeared were chaotic. We had so much trouble adjusting from raising one kid, to four all up. The twins demanded a lot of attention and Mary and Harlow were struggling to get along with one another. Mary became very jealous, not quite understanding that Harlow was her brother.

He was also struggling fitting into life, having not really knowing what to do. Amara blessed him with the ability to read and write at his cognitive level which made things a little easier for us. But it was still very hard for him.

Dean and I decided that it wasn't a good idea for us to continue living the bunker, so we looked around for a house in town that was close by. We soon found one and moved out, making things a lot easier for us.