Chapter 18 - Angel Heart

I let out a yawn as I turn the corner, pulling up out front of hospital behind the impala. I've been driving for hours now and I'm exhausted, starving and achy. I spot Cas waiting out front as the guys get out of the car. Muttering to myself, I get out of the car and go to the back to get Mary.

She takes my hand as I slip her bag over my shoulder and make my way over towards the guys. Cas gives me a grateful smile as I walk over, "Thanks for coming."

"Yeah, of course." Sam says and Dean nods, "Yeah, we're always glad to help, but Claire and I aren't on the best of terms. Should I even be here?"

"I need help from all three of you." Cas states, looking between the three of us, "You were troubled teens. You speak her language."

"All right." Sam says, shaking his head, "How is she?"

"I haven't gone in her. I was waiting for back up." He says, gesturing towards the three of us.

I roll my eyes and shake my head as I push past them, "Children. I'm dealing with children."

I make my way towards the reception desk and hear Cas whisper yo the guys, "Is Addison okay?"

"Remember when she was pregnant with Mary and used to get mad over everything?" Sam asks quietly, hoping I won't hear.

"Yes." Cas answers and Dean speaks, "Well we're back at that stage. And the hormones are twice as bad."

Fed up, I wheel around and glare between he three of them, "You really wanna see how thin my patience is? Then by all means, keep talking about me like I'm not a foot away from you."

They're taken aback by my outburst, but I don't care. I make my way to the reception desk, looking towards the older woman behind it, "Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me which room Claire Novak is in?"

She looks up from her paperwork, "Are you any relation?"

Cas steps forward to my side, "I am her father."

She looks at him and nods, quickly typing into the computer, "She is in room 402."

"Thank you." Cas says and she nods, giving a small smile.

We make our way up towards the room, following the room numbers until we come to a stop outside. Cas steps forward and opens up the door to the room.

"What're you doing here?" Claire demands, taking him in before her eyes drift past me towards Dean, "And why the hell did you bring him?"

"Awesome." Dean mutters as Claire folds her arms over her chest, looking away from us. Cas looks at her, "Um, the police have found my number in your emergency contact list."

"Yeah, well that was a mistake." She mutters, glaring towards him, "You can go now."

He takes a step towards her, "Claire... Why were you at a bar?"

"I wasn't." She says quickly and Sam sighs, "Claire, what were you doing in an alley outside of a bar?"

"Wrong place, wrong time. Story of my life." She mutters, glaring in our direction.

Deciding I've had enough, I let go of Mary's hand and step towards the young girl in the bed, "You know what? Drop the attitude kid cause I'm not in the mood to hear it."

She goes to argue, but I cut her off, "I have been throwing up since 6:00 this morning, my pants don't fit comfortably anymore, my feet are swollen to the size of friggen big foot, my breasts are growing and I've had heart burn for the last three days. I've had to listen to a compilation of frozen, Barney and the wiggles the whole ride here. And I'm extremely hormonal and tired."