Chapter 21 - The Bad Seed

Crowley blocks Cas's stab just in time to stop the blade from piercing his skin. He glares at the angel and hisses, "You think you can kill me, you excrement-"

Cas cuts him off with a push, kneeing him in the stomach and punching him to the ground. My eyes widen as the angel kneels over the demon and stabs the blade into his back. My body freezes at the sight, unable to believe what I've just seen. But I'm not frozen for long as the ravenous eyes of the angel turn my way.

"Cas." I whispers feebly, my body trembling as I push myself to my feet.

Cas rises to his feet, removing the blade form the demon and taking stalking steps towards me like a predator and it's prey. I hold my hands out in front of me, my tone begging, "Cas, please."

He has his blade at the ready and he makes a charge for me. I swiftly move out of the way, barely dodging his attack. He turns quickly and kicks his leg forward, it connecting with my femur. A sickening crack echoes in the room and I scream out in anguish, falling to the ground.

Tears fall down my cheeks as one hand cradles my stomach, the other holding it out as I look at him. He barely registers anything as he thrusts the blade into my palm, the blade coming out it the other side.

"Ahh!" I scream out, pain lighting up every nerve in my body.

His fist connects with my cheek once, twice, three times. I fall to the ground and he kneels over me, his hands wrapping around my neck. The air begins to leave my lungs and I gag, gripping at his wrists.

"Cas." She gasps, begging to get to the angel buried inside.

My visions begins to blur and I falter, my hands barely making a movement. Black spots begin to cloud my vision, knowing that this is it. Then suddenly his hands leave my neck and I let in a gasp of air. I cough and close my eyes, feeling him climb off of me. I hear his footsteps rushing away, the sound of the door slamming behind him.

My whole body is in agony and I feel myself beginning to lose consciousness once more. I weakly reach into my pocket, my fingertips grasping at the phone in my pocket. I try to think of who is closest to me who can help. I ring the number and it goes a few times before the familiar voice answers.

"Addison?" Julianne asks.

"I need your help." I whisper, my voice raspy, "I'm in that abandoned mead warehouse on the south side. I..."

I can't hold on anymore as the phone falls from my hands, my eyes closing as I succumb to the darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound slowly draws me to consciousness, my body feeling like it hasn't moved in a few days. I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times as I adjust to the light. I feel an aching all over my body, the images of what happened slowly coming back to mind. I take in the white of the ceiling, confused as to where I am.

My head turns to the side and I spot the hospital equipment, the beeping coming from the heart monitor. I'm in a semi private room, a curtain closed for some privacy. I feel something in my nose and I reach up to grab it, when my hand burns with pain. I let out a hiss and look down, seeing the white bandage wrapped around it.