six

When Athena had gotten up it was around dinner time, Alejandro had dropped her off with his car and left her at her doorstep. She took a big breath and a large smile had crept up onto her face as she remembered the events that had occurred that day. As she took Drew out of his stroller, she placed him in his cot and let him lie there whilst she made dinner.

The bags filled with clothes were placed on the couch as she started to check what they had bought. Each bag had beanies, socks, onesies, shirts and blankets that would be used for at least two years before Drew would grow out of them. Several of them were too big for Drew, but in the end, it would mean she didn't have to buy many clothes for him. She liked how Alejandro had paid for her, she felt special, but then again, such a nice guy would probably have done the same for other ladies and that made an unsettling feeling in her stomach just thinking about it.

She neatly piled the clothes on top of each other, admiring the patterns and images that were on them as she folded each one. The blankets were pushed aside as she did them, taking note that she now had over twenty different items of baby clothes. She got up with two piles of clothing in her hands and made her way into her room to place all the clothes in a small dresser near her bed.

Afterwards, she ended up going over to her kitchen and started to gather the ingredients to make some spaghetti to last her for the whole week. She made sure to get the sauce, place the spaghetti noodles into water as well as start to prepare garlic bread. She wanted a full meal today and since she had the ingredients, she wanted to treat herself.

  She had finished her dinner within the first hour, the time had told her it was time to sleep as she had another free day to spend time with Drew or maybe even a friend

She had finished her dinner within the first hour, the time had told her it was time to sleep as she had another free day to spend time with Drew or maybe even a friend. Athena also had work that same day, but it was the night shift, so she did not have to worry about it much, as long as she got paid that day it would be fine.

After placing the dirty dishes in the sink, she made her way into her bathroom to change. She had brought with her a grey long-sleeved shirt with stripes on its sleeves as well as some cute pyjama bottoms to match with her whole outfit. Granted, it was still quite chilly inside, her thick blankets would keep her warm for the rest of the night.