fifteen

Athena waited nervously in her living room, Alejandro would come any moment now. Time was ticking slowly and she couldn't wait to see him. She hadn't had many moments when it was just him and her together without Drew or being in classes. This was completely different, it was not forced, it was almost like a date, but it wasn't, it was a party they were going to together because they were invited. Nothing more, nothing less, right? Athena couldn't help but overthink everything in the moment.

Someone had knocked on her door and Athena found herself running to the door despite not knowing who was behind it. She looked through the peephole to see the person she'd been dying to see the most. Alejandro. The butterflies had come back once again. She quickly unlocked the door and opened it to see Alejandro giving her a flushed look as he took her appearance in. Athena did the same.

Their outfits were quite similar, despite the fact that the pants were a different colour and the jacket had a hoodie. But, the resemblance was quite real. Just like Athena, his jacket was green and had an inner layer of thick wool, he wore a grey sweater, blue skinny jeans and light brown boots. They both blushed at the match.

     "Uh, hey, look we're matching!" Alejandro said awkwardly, blushing furiously as Athena stared at him with a playful mood

"Yeah, cool right?" she laughed which faded out weirdly, but her smile remained anyway.

'Was this a coincidence? It has to be, I didn't tell him what I was wearing,' Athena said inside her head as she chewed the inside of her cheek as Alejandro's cheeks reddened with every passing second.

"Come in, let me get my bag," Athena told him before rushing into her room to grab her black bag and put all her essentials into it.

'People are going to say things, they'll think we're a couple. We're not, we're friends, just friends,' she thought again as she double checked her bag and then tripled check. Athena sighed in frustration as she grabbed her bag and walked back out into the kitchen where Alejandro waited patiently for her, thinking the exact same thing that Athena was thinking as they both saw each other again.

"She/he looks really good,"

They both blushes at their thoughts.

Athena then motioned to Alejandro to move out, blushes still tainting their cheeks as Athan closed up her apartment door and walked down the hallway with him. They walked an awkward silence as both of them didn't know what to say. Everything they thought of wasn't good enough to start a conversation, it either sounded too awkward or wasn't interesting enough. But, Alejandro, being Alejandro spoke first.

"You look really good by the way and thanks for coming with me to this party,"

"No problem, thanks, you look good too," she replied back, smiling lightly as they made it to his car.