twenty-nine

a.n one more chapter to go my babies! 

follow my instagram! rmercado02

     Alejandro felt his breath hitch at the sight of Athena who stood at her front door with a small blush tainting her cheeks at his expression. Although he was still angry at her, seeing her in the dress he had picked out for her had made his heart stutter, his cheeks turned red and all he could think about was how beautiful she looked.

    "Erm hi," she muttered out, her cheeks turning red at her stupid first word and looked away shyly. A small smirk painted itself against his lips, but his face turned bright pink the more he looked at her. He noticed that her lips had a slightly pinker tint to it, her face was slightly clearer and her eyelid had some sparkle. Her hair was styled in a way that made her look like a princess, it framed her face, but also amplified her beauty. It made his heart beat erratically and his face turn even pinker.

    "Hello," he breathed out but began to turn pink at his weak response back. He mentally told himself to get a grip as he was still angry at her, but taking one look at her face seemingly made it go away and scolded himself.

      "Shall we get going?" he asked her smoothy, outstretching his hand for her to take. Athena's eyes zoned in on the hand that looked welcoming, she nodded slowly and shakily grasped his warm palm. Sparks. She almost gasped at the feeling of how her arm tingled at his touch, spreading throughout her body and especially her cheeks. 

   Alejandro almost grinned at the blissful sensation of his skin touching hers, loving how his stomach clenched and the butterflies that erupted in his gut. His feelings for her grew strong just be holding her hand, the creamy skin erupting goosebumps against his arms and a small smile planted on his face. He began to tug her hand and signalled her to move, with a big sigh, she took two steps out of the safety of her apartment and locked the door behind her.

   With a sharp intake of breath, Alejandro led her out of her apartment building and to a pristine white limo that looked almost glistening underneath the moonlight. Athena's heart clenched at looking at the beautiful limo in front of them, she instantly felt like she was trapped in a fairytale as Alejandro opened the limo door for her. Her heart lodged in her throat at the gentleman like gesture before sliding through the door and onto the black leather seat. 

   She heard Alejandro thank the driver before he too, slid into the seat, closed the door and sat right next to her. The close proximity between the two made her heart squeeze and butterflies to erupt in her stomach. Alejandro gulped as the driver began to drive, the soft orchestra music enveloping them in a bubble. 

    Athena began to feel the tension rise, her mind kept drifting to the scene where Alejandro walked away from her, the memory leaving her heart pained and she tried to squeeze it out of the brain. She took a glance at Alejandro next to her, who was looking down at his phone, the soft music of a game echoing in her ear. 

   She believed she didn't deserve someone as caring for him, just by looking at the dress, she knew that Alejandro was too damn good for her and shouldn't be here with him. He belonged to the high-class and high-maintenance people, people who didn't carry a child at such a young age and who didn't reject his feelings or play with them. She felt almost unworthy of sitting next to him and being his date to the gala, surely there would be much prettier girls who had money to their name. 

   'I don't deserve him,' she thought bitterly to herself.

    "You look beautiful, I-I hope you know that," a voice said, snapping her out of her insecure thoughts. She looked over to Alejandro who had dropped his phone on his lap to look at her, Athena blushed brightly and a small smile painted itself on her lips.