epilogue

two and a half years later (last year of university)

  "HOLY SHIT!" Athena screamed out in agony as she gripped Alejandro's hand tighter who winces from her death grip. They were both sweating tremendously as she continued to scream out in peril, her body withering on the bed as she cried tears. Alejandro watched his girlfriend cry in front of him, his heart breaking at the sight of her in pain. He whispered comforting words into her ear, hoping it would help her.

  "Don't you dare comfort me, Alejandro, you put me into this mess," she groaned as the doctor continuously told her to keep pushing after every contraction. A cheeky smile graced itself over his lips before leaning in to kiss her cheek softly.

    "You let me do this to you," he teased playfully before another scream erupted from her mouth, Athena sobbed and prayed to God this was going to be over soon.

    "Shut up Ale, you're not the one giving birth again!" she winced as the doctor began to shout some orders to the people in the room.

   "I can see it's head! Keep pushing, you're doing great!" Mr. Kingston exclaimed loudly, his eyes glazing over in happiness as the baby's head finally appeared. Alejandro's heart pumped loudly in his chest, excitement lacing through him at the thought of becoming a father, a proud smile replaced his cheeky one as he gave Athena another peck. He rubbed his hand up and down her arm, sparks tingling throughout his arm as he touched the love of his life.

    "You're doing great baby," he cooed in her ear, even though he was panicking inside, he was smiling brightly. Athena's grip on his hand became tighter, although she was in immense pain, she was so excited to see her little one. She had always wanted a sibling for Andrew, and finally, he was getting one. A small, yet pained smile graced her lips as she heavily breathed in out, using all her might to push her baby out.

   She cried out again as another wave of pain hit her, Alejandro squeezed her hand, keeping a close eye on her before glancing over to the doctor who asked her to push again.

   "Just a few more pushes Ms. Gunnings," Mr. Kingston said. Alejandro's heart drummed loudly in his chest.

   After a few minutes of pain and screaming, a loud tiny cry erupted from across the room. Already, Alejandro was crying, a wave of emotions flowed through him as Athena let out a breath of relief. The cry of a child brought them out of their trance as Alejandro bit his lip. His heart thumping wildly as he squeezed Athena's hand once more. The baby's first breath startling the both of them to tears, their hearts soaring with pure joy, love and happiness and they fell in love with the sound of their baby's cry.

   "I'm so proud of you Athena," he murmured, happy tears sprung out of his eyes as he pressed a loving, passionate kiss to an equally happy Athena.

    "It's a girl! Congratulations! Mr. Popiel, would you like to cut the cord?" the doctor exclaimed and Alejandro began to sob.

    "A girl?" he whispered out, his lips quivering with pure happiness as he accelerated to cloud nine. Athena and Alejandro didn't want to know the gender until she gave birth, and the surprise was welcomed happily. A large, breathtaking smile made it's way to Alejandro's lips, he had always wanted a little princess to spoil and he thanked Athena a thousand times for giving him this amazing gift. He felt like crying all over again as he walked over to the doctor and saw his beautiful, crying baby girl in his arms.

  He gasped at the sight of his beautiful princess and looked over to Athena whose tired eyes mimicked his happiness. The doctor handed him the tool needed to cut the cord, showing him where and how to do it. Alejandro, who was nervous, listened intently, not wanting to hurt his baby as she was crying in the doctor's arms. His eyes welled up with tears as he cut the cord, looking at his breath-taking baby with happiness and joy.