twenty-three

A.N Whoever finds a song to match this chapter gets a shout out, cause I need a song for this chapter. A cute little chapter #athedro and #drethna (Drew and Athena)

POSSIBLE SONG: CERTAIN THINGS?

THIS CHAPTER IS PARTIALLY IN ALEJANDRO'S POV

   Having feelings for someone was practically useless if the other did not reciprocate the feelings back. It hurt like a bee sting in Athena's heart, a fragile girl like herself not bearing how stupid she was for ruining such a beautiful friendship which was blossoming into something a little more. However, her clumsy mouth had broke that spell and was now lingering in the air trying to get back together. Her days were spent caring for Drew, who was growing rapidly. His whole body was getting a little chubbier but was slowly learning to crawl in the process, Athena had taken videos of her little joy moving around in her bed, hoping to turn over so he could begin the crawl. It filled the empty void in her heart which allowed her to feel happiness.

    She got dressed up for work, as usual, her hair tied in a neat bun and face clear of makeup as she tucked Drew into his car-seat and walked down the hallway, careful not to make a sound even though it was only five at night. She drove to Clarrissa's like normal, dropped him off as always and headed to her work where she was already serving customers the minute she walked in. 

    Alejandro was twitching nervously in his car as he saw Athena working tirelessly at her work, his mind was running over words to say, things to make things alright again. What was there to say? He couldn't explain what he felt, but every time Athena smiled, he swore his heart did a back flip and something inside him was warming up. He knew the smile was fake, but seeing her somewhat trying to look happy was enough for him. He felt truly guilty for not reacting earlier, but his mind and heart was set of begging for forgiveness, even though he felt as if he didn't deserve it. 

    He knew she was to have a break soon, she had been working for three hours straight and having a six-hour shift, meant she was going to have a break soon. With a few words of encouragement, he hopped out of his car, feeling nervous and jittery. He got them a lot around Athena. He twiddled his cold hands together as he pushed through the glass doors, one of the waiters had seated him by the window and he pressed against it, his back towards Athena who was sipping a bottle of water before her supervisor pointed to Alejandro who at the time, did not realise it was him. Alejandro's stomach twisted in knots as he awaited the arrival of Athena, his leg bounced up and down as he scanned the menu in front of him, even though he knew what he was getting.

   "Hi  what can I get for you?" Athena beamed out, her voice slightly wavering when she saw who she was serving.  Alejandro looked up to an uncomfortable Athena who was staring at him with wide eyes and flushed cheeks. Athena was very much surprised. Her heart was throbbing painfully when she saw him.

   "Hey Athena," Alejandro replied, trying to remain calm as a number of butterflies in his stomach roared loudly, but the guilt set in when he saw the eyebags and her pale face.

     "Uh hi, what do you wanna order?" she muttered out.

      "The truffles and a glass of your best wine, as well as the pleasure of you, joining me for a quick dinner," he said smoothly and silently prayed that she'd say yes. Athena blushed wildly, a stunned expression painting across her features, realising what he wanted. He wanted to talk.

    "Erm, I don't have a break for hours," she lied, feeling bad that she had to do that, but she couldn't face him, not now at least and bit her lip. Alejandro felt the rejection pierce him, but he knew that she was lying, every time she bit her lip, she was lying, plus she was going to have a break soon.