twenty-two

A.N WE HIT #277 in a matter of 3 days!!! AHHAHHAHHHHH

Tuesday

      Tuesday came by like how fast the winds change, Athena had woken up with tired eyes and sand in between her eyes. She could feel the heavy eyebags lurking underneath her eyes as she rubbed them tiredly, Drew was still soundly asleep and she was grateful he had a full night's rest when she couldn't. Her hair looked like a bird's nest as she looked in the mirror as she changed into her outfit, ready to go to university at a later time into the day when she knew Alejandro didn't attend.

 She was wearing a plain white knitted shirt and black jeans with black shoes. She wasn't in the mood to dress up as she tied her hair into a messy ponytail, tendrils falling out as she walked out of the bathroom with no make-up on her face. She was done with thinking about Saturday, her mind couldn't function properly with the weight of the memory on her shoulders. Athena was already done with it all. He didn't leave any messages, nor did he try to talk to her yesterday when he was sitting only a few seats away. She could remember his pale face as he sat distractedly in his seat, heavy bags under his eyes and tainted his clear skin. His mind seemed it wasn't there, his eyes glazed over as if he was thinking too hard and his posture showed tiredness. Athena almost felt sorry for him, almost.

     She dropped off Drew at the daycare centre by eleven and walked into her university with her head hung low and her bag wrapped around her shoulders

     She dropped off Drew at the daycare centre by eleven and walked into her university with her head hung low and her bag wrapped around her shoulders. She pushed past people, not caring whether or not she said sorry to them and kept moving forward until she made it to her room, sat down in her usual seat and got her laptop ready to start the day. The professor wasn't in for another thirty minutes or so and used the time to check her social media accounts, occasionally using her brand new phone that she despised every now. Her coffee cup was sitting next to her, half empty as she sipped on it, hoping to relieve some of the stress and tiredness out of her body.

    She edited her paper which she was to hand in the next few days, making sure to use more advanced words as this was an important essay. It had to be ten pages with an eleven sized font and was to be written about a book they had recently read and reviewed about it. Each page talking about a different aspect of the book, from the themes to the characters to the plot. She was content with writing a lot, it took her mind off things for a while and having completed five pages worth of typing, she was proud to know she's accomplished something like that.

  After a couple of minutes, she looked up from her laptop and eyes found the person she didn't want to see. He stood by the door with his eyes trained on her, no one else was in the room besides him and her. Athena's breath hitched slightly as she felt her heart pumping quickly, her skin felt warm and she was aware of everything around her. She looked as if she saw a ghost, maybe because she did, for the person in front of her looked almost dead. Skin pale, eyes bloodshot, eye bags tainting the pale skin. He too wore a light blue knitted sweater and black jeans, his pale hair looking like bed head as it blew softly in the winter wind.