Chapter 6

College flew by and sooner than I thought possible I was walking back to mine with Speedy bounding by my side like an excited puppy, her mood is contagious and it doesnt help that im really excited about Grayson's exhibition next Thursday evening, a private viewing at that. The artists and their special guests tour around the exhibition, changing anything theyre not happy with, then there is an evening meal accompanied by dancing, my heart raced in anticipation at the hidden meaning behind his words when he told me last night. I havent told anyone about the viewing Grayson and I are going too, not even Speedy even though ive been bursting to.

"What are you going to be wearing? I still cant decide, ive got 2 dresses with me but I still dont know if they'll be right. Im so excited!" Speedy gushes, spinning us around.

"Calm down, i think ive chosen what im going to wear. Is Dean coming tomorrow?" Dean being Speedy's long term boyfriend.

"He said he would even though he hates these sorts of things. He said he would come because it would make me happy and he wants to make me happy. Gods I love him Dany."

"I know you do and he loves you too, thats obvious."

"So whats happening between you and Lee anyway? We havent really caught up on that drama yet."

"Nothing dramatic about it, I have deeper feelings for him than he has for me. Hes great in bed and his family treat me so well, like im already part of the family but he doesnt want to commit even though we both hate seeing the other person with someone else. Stupid right?"

"Love can be stupid, the heart wants what the heart wants. But how much more hurt can you go through before you break completely?" Her question has me lost for words, how much longer can I deal with the heartache Lee causes me, do the pros outweigh the cons still or has the balance shifted? I'll answer that question later since we've just got to my place. Speedy races through like a hyper child as I throw my bag down, collapsing onto the sofa and clicking on the tv, a green flashing light beside me captures my gaze, my phone, I hadnt even realised I had left it at home. Scooping it up I find 5 messages from Lee.

Hey babe. Coming mine tonight ;)

You cant still be annoyed with me.

Babe talk to me.

Im coming to the dance tomorrow.

Dont worry about coming round. Alisha is here now ;) jealous?

I scowl at the messages, the last one was only 10 minutes ago, my fingers itch to send a scathing response but I force myself to put the phone down, there would be no make up sex after this argument so why cause one, just ignore the idiot. I already start feeling better as Speedy launches into the room before jumping onto me excitedly squealing.

"Why are you so excited missy?" I joke.

"You know why. Now whats for food, im starving. Then what movies are we watching tonight? Ahh im so excited!" The springs in my sofa squeak as she bounces up and down.

"Im thinking we order dominoes, then the disney movies, im thinking cinderella and beauty and the beast, the new ones. Then early to bed since we want to look resplendent tomorrow." Her face crinkles at my choice of words.

"The hell is resplendent?"

"Stunning, beautiful. The belles of the ball."

"Oh! Yes yes yes! You phone dominoes, i'll get the movies!" Speedy bounds off to the bookcase full of movies as I grab my phone again, ignoring another message from Lee as I ring dominoes, ordering us a couple of pizza's and sides and some brownies along with a bottle of pepsi. Our usual order. Hanging up i quickly look at the message from Lee and notice i have one from Pat as well, i read Lee's first.