Chapter Eight

Lee storms over to me, grabbing my arm roughly, pulling me back into the party, I mouth an apology to Greyson just before Lee slams the door shut, cornering me against the wall.

"Who the hell was that? Only I am allowed to kiss you!" He shouts, eyes ablaze, but part of me doesn't care for him or his attitude anymore, standing straight I lift my chin in defiance.

"I decide who is allowed to kiss me ... And you Lee, haven't made the cut. You want to snog other girls after telling me I'm the most beautiful girl in the room, then I am allowed to kiss any guy that I want. You have no say in the matter anymore Lee because we are done." I tell at him, he gets into my face but this time I don't back down.

"You are mine. You always will be." He sneers, his fingers gliding over my cheek, smacking his hand away sharply I push him out of the way.

"Get rid of my number Lee. It's over. Go and find some other girl to use as your plaything." Turning on my heel I race through the party, stopping briefly at Speedy and Dean, who both look concerned.

"Dany?" Speedy asks, reaching towards me but I dodge away.

"I'm just going to go for a little wander okay, I've got my phone." She nods and holds right to Dean's waist as he nods in understanding. Quickly escaping the room I find myself wandering the silent corridors, following staircases, studying all the beauty this amazing building has to offer, eventually I find myself at the threshold of the grounds, the moon shining in the sky as I softly push open the doors and step into the darkness. Taking off my heels I feel the soft grass under my toes as I amble aimlessly through the neat gardens, the flowers bloom around me, the wind whispers it's secrets and I can finally release the pent up anger and hurt I've held in for so long. In the beginning my relationship with Lee worked, I was just in it for the fun, but when feelings got involved it was one sided and always have been, I want more out of my life, I don't want him to have the weird hold over me anymore. But how do I cut him out when he's always everywhere, how do I stop my bodies traitorous reaction to him, how can I do what he does to me and just drop him for another guy. Suddenly Greyson pops into my head with his oceanic blue eyes, the way he acted on the balcony, the obsession I have over him. It's all just so messed up, collapsing onto a bench I stare at the night sky wishing I could find all my answers in the twinkling lights.

"Can I join you?" I hear Pat's voice ask, his footsteps coming towards me, I shift across a bit as Pat sits next to me, his warmth inviting, I didnt realise how cold I had become, Pat pulls a flask from his jacket before shrugging it off and draping it over my shoulders.

"Thanks." I reply gratefully, he pulls me against his shoulder and I feel tears prickling in my eyes, he flips open the flask, holding it towards me.

"Thought you might need this tonight." He replies sadly, I gladly accept the flask, sniffing the top before taking a long swig, feeling the Jack Daniels burn down my throat.

"Who made you such a great friend." I half laugh, half sniffle, as he takes a swig from the flask.

"I learnt from the best." He looks down at me and I smile back.

"Well then, you've been a very good student." He laughs whole heartedly as we both know he's an awful student at everything else, but he has always been there through thick and thin even with Lee being his best friend, he still doesn't agree with everything he does. Taking another drink I feel the alcohol go to my head slightly, but right now I don't care.

"You know he's a schmuck right?"

"Yeah I know, but I know I can't help how I feel either. How do you forget about someone who still means so much to you?" I ask seriously, taking another long drink.