Chapter Eleven

I attempt to calm my breathing, my heart still races as though I'd ran a marathon, I try to wrack my head around what just happened, to no avail.

"I ... Um ... Sorry?" I whisper, tension flares between us, the cold night air helps to cool my heated skin.

"Don't apologize, I was the one who did it. I'm sorry for putting you in such a position. It won't happen again." He states confidently and that is like a splash of ice water to my face, twisting out of his embrace I head back towards the stairs door, reaching the metal I turn slightly, glancing over my shoulder at the man who was hot one minute and then cold.

"Thank you for tonight Greyson." I slip through the door quickly, tears burning behind my eyes as I swiftly descend the stairs, thankful that I'm confident at running in heels, racing into the woman's bathroom I'm grateful that it is empty as I feel my tears start to flow, I've never felt that sort of connection with anyone just through such a small kiss, dabbing my eyes with tissues I'm careful not to ruin my makeup. Grabbing my phone I quickly call for a taxi, once I look a bit more put together I exit the bathroom, making a beeline for the exit, finally out I sit on the cold curb and wait. A taxi pulls up and I push to my feet but just as I reach for the door handle I am pulled back against a warm hard figure who swiftly throws a couple of notes through the taxi window.

"She doesn't need a ride." Greyson's voice commands from behind me, as I spin to argue I hear the taxi peel away and my anger surfaces. I jab a finger against his chest as I glare up at him.

"Leave me alone Greyson!" I half shout at him, digging my heels in as he starts leading me towards his car.

"Stop causing a scene." He whispers low, ripping my arm from his grip I stand next to his car, hands flexing as I feel the need to do something.

"Screw you Greyson. You want to play with someone then go play with someone else. I won't fall for tricks. God. I almost believed everything you said. I'm so ..." His lips landing forcefully on mine silences my rant, my back against the car, caged by his body, anger fueling the kiss, his hands digging into my hips deliciously as my hands hold his head captive, grabbing my senses back I rip away from him, anger and lust clouding my vision.

"No. You don't get to pull that shit. I don't know what your game is but I refuse to play it. Take me home please." Greyson runs his hand through his messy hair, looking on edge, finally he walks around the other side of the car as I slip in the passenger side, buckling in I stare out the side window, trying to hold my angry passionate tears at bay. Greyson starts driving but neither of us say anything and I refuse to be the first one to speak.

"Dany, I don't know what I can say to make things better." I glance at him before staring back out the window.

"I think it's best if we go back to the student, teacher relationship we had before. Whatever this is between us obviously can't happen. Thank you for tonight and I hope you are a success with your work." Greyson suddenly grasps my hand, my gaze jumps to his, emotions swirls in the deep depths.

"Someone offered to buy the picture of you tonight for a million pounds." My jaw drops as I look at his now serious expression.

"Congratulations." I reply, honestly happy for him.

"I didn't accept it." My jaw drops lower, I frown at him confused.

"Why not? Just imagine what you could do with that sort of money." I respond genuinely confused.

"I didn't accept it because it is mine and only mine." I hate how my heart still stutters at his possessive tone over a picture of me, finally we reach my apartment building.

"Thank you Greyson." Exiting the car I make it to the door before I hear Greyson call after me.

"Dany! Wait." He jogs up to me.