Chapter Nine

After suffering all day Saturday with the mother of all hangovers, which I blame entirely on mixing all the drinks I had, Sunday was a very laid back day, binge watching movies with Speedy and eating far too many calories. Monday morning arrives, my alarm ringing insistently, climbing out of bed I go in the bathroom and start getting ready, Speedy walks in as I'm doing my makeup and hair.

"Why do you get up so early." She complains, rubbing her eyes. I laugh, throwing a flannel at her face which she catches glaring.

"Gotta leave in an hour so get ready, banana and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast." Her eyes light up.

"You're completely forgiven for waking up so early. Got coffee?"

"Is my hair brown?" I call over my shoulder laughing, thanks to Speedy I always have tonnes of different coffees even though I can't stand the stuff. Heading into the kitchen I make a start on the pancakes as I put the kettle on to boil, I only use three ingredients for the pancakes so they're quick and simple to make. Bananas, eggs and chocolate chips sprinkled ontop. Soon the smell of pancakes and freshly brewed coffee and tea fill the apartment making my stomach grumble, I hear my phone ping so after plating the pancakes I head into the living room, searching for my phone, which I find in the hidden depths of the sofa cushions.

Babe can we talk? I groan allowed at the text from Lee, because quite frankly I don't want to talk to him because that's how he always ends up getting his own way because I still love him even though he's lying manwhore.

My lunch break is at 12. I reply curtly before slipping my phone into my bag along with my books, camera and laptop. Grabbing the food from the kitchen I sit at the table as Speedy bounds into the room, sitting next to me she snags a pancake, scoffing it in her face.

"Jeez, what's your hurry?" I laugh as she quickly chews, holding a finger up for me to wait as I slowly eat my own pancake.

"Dean's meeting me before class." She squeals excitedly, we finish off the pancakes and drink our tea and coffee before I make another two in our to-go cups and we head out the door. The morning passes quickly and soon it's lunch, sitting with my friends we all laugh and joke, but Lee doesn't show, just as I'm getting ready for my next class at 2 Lee saunters in, looking disheveled and flushed.

"Babe." He says, attempting to wrap his arms around me but I twist away, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"Nope. You had your chance. I've got to get to lessons. Good day." Swinging my bag onto my back I head through the corridors, Lee close on my heel.

"Look babe. I'm sorry I was late ... I got ... Held up. I don't want to lose you, why don't you come round tonight?" I spin on my heel and glare at him.

"Why? So you can weasel your way back into my pants?"

"Well that would be a bonus but I was meaning for us to talk, get over whatever this argument is about." I feel my anger simmering, frustrated tears threaten to cloud my vision as I look in the eyes of the boy I love and see annoyance staring back.

"Good bye Lee. Good luck with your next conquest." I spin on my heel and flee, the emotions waring inside me, overwhelming me, luckily my feet lead me automatically to my photography lesson where I quickly take my seat, removing my camera from my bag and placing it on the table, Speedy sits down next to me.

"Want to talk about it?" She asks softly, her hand squeezing mine which only makes the tears swim more as I furiously blink them away.

"No no, I'm fine. We've got photos to take and you know if my eyes are puffy then I suck at getting good pictures." I joke causing Speedy to laugh and hug me briefly before Greyson walks into the classroom. My heart flutters at the sight of him in his casual clothes, him in a suit is burned into my mind, my cheeks flush as I remember the incident at the party. I bore holes in the table with my eyes as I steadfast refuse to look at Greyson, my teeth worry on my lip as he details everyone on what the plan for today's lesson is, today's lesson is natural, we can shoot anything but we cannot edit any of the images. Thankful that it's an easy task today, the moment Greyson has finished his instructions and told everyone they can go and start the task I scoop up my camera and make a beeline towards the door, Speedy close behind, it's only when I step outside do I release the breath I didn't realise I was holding, my hands quiver slightly and Speedy looks at me with a sly smug grin on her face.