Chapter 31

I was thinking how to go at this midnight. I just got out of the house waving bye to mom. It was a lonely road, fully dark, even stars were not seen. No one was there except a flickering post light. I started walking gulping my saliva. Slowly and steadily. But after some minutes I found someone horning at me. He was covered with a jacket and a helmet riding a bullet. Even a body part was not seen.

           What if some burglar in the night? If I got in his hands what would he do me? Negative thoughts were flowing in my mind. He started following me till my home all the way.

       But however, I safely came to my home. As I opened the gate, he vroomed the bike giving off a roaring sound.

"Vroom.........vroom"

  Just irritated to hear the sound. But I need to see his face. So I went near him. But he turned the bike to go. I blocked his way.

"Hey hey hey stop. Where are you going? Why are you following me?"

He didn't answer me. He just turned his face and continued vrooming his bike.

"Excuse me mister. Are you thinking yourself as an action hero or something? If I gave a word 'HELP' everyone will come from my house. Who are you? Tell me"

Again no answer. I felt angry on him. So I opened my mouth to shout.

"HELP....................."  He closed my mouth. Glaring at me through his helmet- I hope.

  I struggled to get out of his grip. 

"Shhhhhhh" This was the word I heard from him.

      Then he left my hand and removed his helmet. It was that Abhi. God! It was the time I got back my breathe.

"God! You scared me" I said stammering with relief.

"Not so scary. Giving you some protection from my home"

"Then you could have dropped me here, right"

"This back seat (pointing to the seat) is for my Mrs. Because she is the one who gave me this bike. Kiara Malhotra. She is my Mrs. She gave me this bike"

"Then you can be dropping me with your car"

"For you......why I have to take my costly car from my parking lot?. It's tough to take at night. And thats why"

"OK bye" I said turning back.

"No thank you for dropping"

"Mr. You didn't drop me, right"

"At least for protection........."

"Okay thank you"

"This is how you say thank you to your boss"

     I placed my hand in my chest and said "Thank you" while bending my head down.

"Okay bye" he said while turning his bike. How cute is he!

I opened the gate and went in the home. Dad blocked my way.

"Why are you late Aadhi? We all were worried about you."

"Dad I went to my boss's house to give an important file"

"Then who is that man?"

"Which man?"

"Who is that man you were talking to on the road?"

        God! How does he know that? What  will I say him now?