Butterflies

//ten\\
•luna•

I stared into Alex's eyes, wondering if I had heard right. I weighed the possibility of this whole thing being a dream.

"We'll talk about this later." I muttered before walking away. I ate my food in silence while the boys ate their pizza like savages, which was nothing new. I stared at Alex across the table.

I watched him laugh, and talk with his friends. I admired his eyes and how his smile spread wide across his face. There was a part of me that lit up when I saw him happy. I felt like I was in fucking high school again.

I get butterflies in my stomach when his hand brushes mine on accident and I blush when he looks at me a certain way.

I don't know if I love it or hate it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

After lunch Ronnie showed up, the boys must have invited her. I breathed a silent sigh of relief that Shannon wasn't there. I like her, but I know and I think she knows that we would be better as friends. I'm just not ready to have that conversation right this second.

"Who else wants to get drunk?" Zack said. Everyone raised their hand except me. He turned to Alex because he usually had booze hidden somewhere in the house. He stood up and signaled for me to come with him.

"Luna-" He said once we were in Alex's bedroom where his secret stash was.

"You don't have to say anything else, Alex." I said before pushing him up against the wall and kissing his lips. I wasn't planning on doing that but I couldn't really stop myself. He wrapped his arms around my waist, hugging my body closer to his. I placed my hand on the back of his neck. Once we couldn't get any closer, he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. Our lips moved perfectly in sync. I felt sparks go throughout my whole body. Every place he touched felt like pins and needles.

"We should be back by now" He said between kisses, breathing heavily.

"They can wait." I whispered. He carried me over to his bed and sat down. I pushed him onto his back and began kissing his neck. I took off his shirt and placed kisses and hickeys all down his neck and chest. When I moved lower he told me to stop.

"Save that thought for later, babe. We have company." Right after he spoke the door opened and a shocked Jack walked in. I quickly sat up. Jack laughed but otherwise acted like everything was normal. Weird. Alex gave me one more passionate but short kiss. It was so hard to pull away. Alex put his shirt back on and fixed his hair.

"By the way, this is definitely not over." He whispered. We walked back into the living room area with a bottle of tequila and a pack of beer.

"I think I'm just gonna supervise tonight." I said. Everyone understood. Alex looked at me with the sad puppy eyes I despised. He pitied me.

"I think I'll do the same." He said. I smiled and looked down at the floor.

"Ok losers. We're getting smashed." Ronnie exclaimed. Rian smiled at her and and handed her a shot of tequila. She smiled back and even blushed a little. I don't remember the last time I saw her blush because of a guy.

Alex looked at them, then looked at me raising his eyebrows and I laughed. It's like we could speak without saying a word. I made drinks for me and Alex, we decided we'd have just one for the night. While the rest of the group drunkenly danced and sang along to Blink 182, I pulled a joint out of my purse and looked at Alex. He was very quick to say yes. Being sober is hard when everyone else is drunk.

We went out on the small balcony area and sat down. As I lit the joint Alex asked,

"I thought you didn't wanna get high because of last night?"

"I never even said that."

"I can just tell, and if it were me I wouldn't either."

"Getting high makes me relaxed, drinking is another story. It also keeps my mind off cigarettes." I passed the joint to him. He took it in his right hand and put his left on my thigh.

"I really am sorry about what happened. If I would have gotten there sooner-" He said, but I cut him off.

"No. Don't even start. It's not your fault. It's mine, I shouldn't have gotten so fucked up." I mumbled pushing my bangs back with my hand.

Alex reached over, taking my face in his hands.

"You weren't fucked up, you were drugged."

"This whole thing is fucked up Alex!" I screamed. A tear dripped down from my eye that I had been holding in the whole conversation. If Alex sees me cry he'll pity me.

I practically snatched the joint from his fingers and took a hit from it. Alex said nothing, just placed his hand on my head and pulled me onto his shoulder and softly stroked my hair. We sat for a while , listening to the sound of police cars in the distance.

"I'm moving back in with Ronnie, Lex." I said suddenly.

"I know. That's your home, why wouldn't you go back there?"

"I was so scared to tell you, I made up everything about Shannon. I don't really want to see other people either." Alex turned towards me and smiled the biggest brightest smile I had ever seen. He picked me up bridal style and carried me back into his bedroom. Everyone else was curled up on the sectional sleeping. I didn't realize how long we had been outside.

"So, where were we?" He said sarcastically. I sat on his lap and kissed him. But this time it was different. It wasn't just passion or lust, it was slow, gentle, caring, and loving. It was amazing.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I woke up without Alex's warmth next to me. I sat up and searched for him. I almost got out of bed when he walked back in the room.

"No, don't get up. I'm back. I only went to the bathroom. You just can't stand being away from me can you?" He smiled. He kissed me and pushed me back down onto my pillow. I tasted mint.

"Did you brush your teeth?" I asked. He nodded. "You're such a girl. I don't care if you have bad breath in the morning, everyone does."

"Okay I get it, I'm a bitch."

"You are a bitch." I teased.

"Oh yeah?"

"Hell yeah!" I laughed. Alex started tickling my sides and my inner thigh. I laughed so loud it echoed throughout the whole room.

"LE-LEX STO-STOP" I screamed/laughed.

"WHO'S THE BITCH NOW, BITCH."

"STILL YOU." I ran away as fast as I could and jumped on top of Zack who was sat in the living room watching tv.

"Zack can't protect you now.." He said in a deep villainous voice. He ran over and put me over his shoulder.

"WE WENT OVER THIS LEXI I DO NOT LIKE BEING PICKED UP"

"Based on your current situation I would say that sounds like a you problem" He said all too calmly.

"I hate you."

"You love me."