Episode 8

Weeks went by and Leo didn't hear anything from demi. He wasn't good at the whole space giving thing. Usually he was the one asking the girl for space not the other way around. He made it a habit of leaving flowers and a little note on her step every morning on his way to work. He was sure demi could have her own florist shop in there if she wanted to.

He was just hoping he would get that opportunity to talk to her. He had a lot of time to think and he was no longer confused on what his feelings actually were. They were real, they were genuine and he was ready for what that meant. If she would have him, he would be all hers.

Leo showed up to work clocking in. Selena was still on set for reasons he still didn't know. Every time he looked at her he pictured what they did and the hurt is caused demi and he felt sick to his stomach.

"Leo, I need you to take this shot." His boss shouted from across the room. Leo scurried across the room and eagerly took the camera that was placed in his hand.

"You know something strange happened today. Before you arrived Demi lovato stopped by, she was asking for you." His boss said lazily.

Leo froze, taking the shot , "Did she say what she wanted?"

"Nope, just that she wanted you to meet her at her house for dinner." He clicked his tongue, "You know we have rules about sleeping with our models."

"Its not like that" Leo quickly defends. "I'm not sleeping with her I love her."

"Is that so," he said in almost a teasing  way. He suddenly felt like he was being watched and quickly turned around only to be face to face with the women he couldn't stop thinking about.

Leo had to remember he had a ten thousand dollar camera in his hand that he couldn't afford to replace if he dropped it. "You're here?" He mustered.

"Yes," demi said seriously, "And I heard everything."

"Look I'm sorry, I fucked up and I know that now." His head hung low, it was weird even looking demi in the eyes after everything they've been through.

Leo caught Selena's eye, and there was a smirk playing on her face as she walked over towards them.  Out of pure instinct he interlaced his hand with Demi's. Why did she have to have such shitty timing Leo thought."Leo, there you are i was wondering when you were going to show up." She said not paying Demi any mind.

Demi's jaw clenched and the hand that was interlaced with Leo's had a peicring grip. Before he could muster a word out demi was quick to speak
"Back off Selena, just because no one else wants to be with you doesn't mean you get to seduce other people's men!"

"I didn't seduce him, he was very willing might I add. Trust me Demi if I wanted your tranny I would've had him by now." Selena snipped.

Demi reaction was instant, she lifted her fist and punched Selena square in the jaw. The singer stumbled back, crying in pain as she held her jaw. Leo was already holding Demi back who was going at her for another hit. "I won't let you ruin my life again Selena. Take that as warning. Stay the fuck away from me and leo! Don't you dare call him out of his name again or the next punch will put you to sleep."

Leo got her outside and pinned a struggling Demi to the wall for the building. "Calm down Demi, it's over you've made your point."

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that. I didn't have the courage to stand up to her in highschool or college but now, I feel like I've actually stood up for myself." Their previous conversation and the whole reason why she was there was now momentarily forgotten.

Leo released her from his grip, a smirk playing on his face. "A punch huh? I thought girls slapped when they fought."

Demi laughed, threading her fingers through his dark curly hair. "Didn't know you were the one for cliches or steroptypes. I took boxing two years ago, I'm a black belt."

Leo paled, "Y-Your a boxer? Duly noted."

Demi smirked at his obvious fear, "Keep that in mind the next time you kiss a random girl. "

Leo went home early after that, not much he could do for the subject he wasn't fired thankfully his boss found the drama entertaining and said it "spices things up in the studio" whatever that means. Leo was pretty sure that's the most excitement the man has ever gotten in his life. They ordered takeout and went back to demi's place. Leo made the plates while Demi went upstairs to change out of her skin tight dress and heels.

She said she wanted to get comfortable not that Leo minded anyway. She could wear a paper bag and he'd still find her the sexiest women he's ever seen. Diner was a lil silent, after the incident Demi just seemed reserved, Leo was not sure how to approach the subject. Should he ask where they stand? Is he forgivin?

After twenty minutes of eating in silence the only noises heard were the clinking of forks scrapping against a plate Leo finally had enough of the silent game. "Are we going to talk about earlier? Before the altercation?"

Demi patted her lips on the napkin, "I had a lot of time to think and as hard as this is for me to admit. I was jealous of Selena. And that just made my insecurity skyrocket. "

Leo set his fork down, taking in everything she said."In my down time I had gotten the chance that I needed to figure out why I felt that way and my feelings for you... And I realized I'm very much in love with you. More than I have ever been with anyone.."

Leo stood up, he couldnt speak in that moment the only thing that felt right was his lips capturing hers. The kiss was slow and it enginted his whole body. He tenderly cupped her face gently caressing his thumbs over her cheeks, hoping she could feel everything he felt in this moment.

Unfortunately they were interrupted by Demi's phone ringing which she said she had to take cause it was her manager. Leo patiently waited for her to finish her conversation which seemed to be really serious, Demi's whole deamnor changed, there was this sudden dark cloud over her head that he felt.

Once she was off the phone she walked right by him in almost a trance like state.

"Sasha Lewis." Demi whispered, hovering over the sink as her body shook with sobs. "The girl that died, Sasha Lewis, her funeral is tomorrow. She was 16 coming home from her friends house,  I killed her."

She was in hysterics now dropping the dishes with a loud thud Demi sunk to her kitchen floor, clutching her knees to her chest as she let out another painful cry. "Her parent's are struggling to pay for their daughters funeral and it's all my fault. I sent a donation in but they rejected it and I don't know what to do."

Demi leaned into Leo's touch, "They think I'm a monster and they're right. Maybe if we hadn't left the crime scene she'd still be alive." She hiccuped.

Leo, knowing he had to be strong for her held his own tears in as he just pulled her closer hoping that it would heal her pain, words did nothing for this moment. Demi wouldn't believe them anyway, "Dem, the police said she died on impact. There was nothing you could do to prevent this. Even if you weren't in that car that night and decided to stay home. They still would've went out and drove high and drunk off their asses. You shouldn't be solely blaming it on yourself."

Demi dug her head farther into his neck, hiding her face. "It is my fault, if I could trade places with Sasha I would in a heart beat."

Leis heart shattered, he held her tigher. "Please don't say that I love you so much It would kill me if something happened to you."

Demi stayed silent. She ended up cryig herself to sleep on the floor in Leos arms. This was out if his comfort zone he just wanted to make things better and try to ease some if the guilt off of demi.

And as he watched her sleeping form, he got the craziest idea that he wasn't sure would work.  Leo took her phone typed in her passcode  which was the the name of her first dog. And called her manger, he had a plan.