Chapter 9

Oftentimes excusing of a fault

Doth make the fault the worse by the excuse.

                                             WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE,

Chapter 9

Roger’s POV

I was going crazy here and it was getting later. I could not find it in me to face her and beg for forgiveness. Admitting the truth just seems so pointless and so small. I have to find a way to make it up to her. To show her how much she means to me.

How much she has brought to my life. How much I love her for keeping my child. With the way I treated her. She could have opted not to have the baby. I in her place have no idea what I would have fucking done. I am so fucked. But she still loves me. She has too.

She would not have agreed to marry me if she didn’t still feel something would she? I mean yeah she never backs down from a bet. But come on she would have said no if she wanted to.

“Stupid, stupid idiot, what the hell are you going to do now?”  I started to formulate a plan that might work. 

What if I scrap the bet? The last thing I want to do now is get her in bed. I will court her and woo her into loving me again. I will do with her what a proper gentleman would do for the woman he loves. Because you bet your ass I love her. I think like I told her. I’ve always loved her. I was just too much of a freaking horn dog to settle.

I just hope it’s not too late and I can sneak back into her heart. I’m done playing games. Oh shit I was PLAYING AND GOT PLAYED she won. I smile wide as I realize the player finally got played and damn if I’m not happy about it.

With a new plan in place and a bright future ahead of me I exited the gym and headed to get help from the most cunning and cleverest of masterminds. I mean the person who will be able to help me break through the high walls. I am 100% sure Molly has constructed around her heart, in hopes of keeping me out. The one person with a bag of arsenals, that can bring any person to their knees.

I drove happy and excited about what I could do. I arrived and knocked at the door. I smiled when my savior answered the door. “Mom I need your help” I tell her and she smiles that welcoming smile. That smile that saved 5 little boys who would have not had this wonderful life had it not been for her and dad. Man I love them so much.

“Que necesitas?” she asked what I needed.

“Mom I finally remembered that night with Molly. I will not even tell you what I did because you’ll probably hit me. But I love her mom.” I went on to explain about the bet. She did smack the back of my head about it.

“I think I knew I loved her but not why yet. It just seemed like the logical way to connect her to me besides the baby” I tell her.

“Oh my son you have a lot of damage control to do. But she is a good girl. I’m sure she loves you. I see the way she looks at you when you don’t look. It’s the same way you openly look at her. That’s why I never questioned the wedding. You are meant to be together.” I smile at her happy she thinks it’s not too late.

I went home taking the baby with me. When I got home she wasn’t there but she had left a note saying she went out for an afternoon of beauty. “Well my little Monica, seems we should start the courting.” I told my daughter.

Before we got home, we stopped off to buy some flowers for Molly. It was a mixture of wild flowers, since she is my wild cat. She needs something that represents her personality. I put them in a vase that I’m sure mom had purchased, because I sure as hell didn’t. I placed the arrangement on the table next to Monica who was on the bouncy thing on the table. Looking at me as I talked to her while I cooked.