Chapter 2: Edward

Edward's POV

"How many times do I need to tell you that it meant nothing to me...why are you being so clingy it was just a time pass for me...did you get that now don't call me again" I said annoyed before hanging up without even listening to what she was saying.

It was my ex girlfriend Nora, although I don't think girlfriend is the right word for her because she meant nothing to me and she knew it too that I don't do the serious relationship thing...well everyone knows that.

But now she's just not understanding that and keeps calling me again and again disturbing me on my work, I hate it when someone does that. Soon I was once again engrossed in my work when there was a knock on my office door.

"Come in" I said as I looked up only to see my best friend Mack.

"Hey bro" he said as I looked down at my laptop again and got busy in my work totally ignoring him.

"Are you not happy to see me" he asked dramatically.

"I would have definitely been happy if you were a hot chick but no you are not, you are just my ugly best friend so yes I'm not happy because you are disturbing me at my work" I replied with a fake smile.

"Hey chill I'm not here to disturb you...I'm here to ask that why are you not answering your granny's calls, she's been calling you for days now" he asked.

"What! I didn't got any calls from her do you think I'll not receive her calls" I replied surprised looking up at him.

"Well I don't know about that but maybe you were too busy to notice anyways she called me to ask that where the hell are you" he said as I looked at my phone and saw twenty missed calls from my granny.

How come I didn't notice that before.

"Shit I'm dead" I whispered to myself and heard Mack chuckling.

I glared at him angrily as I dialed my granny's number waiting for her to receive the call and start on with her non stop lecture about not receiving her calls. 

She answered on the third ring.

"Hey how is my beautiful granny doing" I said extra sweetly trying to sound like I haven't done anything.

"Stop buttering me now I think that your granny means nothing to you...I'm really upset with you" she first sounded angry then sad.

And that's what I can't take...her sadness. She is the only one left who is close to me, whom I can call my family.

"I'm so sorry granny I was so busy with my work that...anyways I'm sorry" I pleaded.

"Okay I'll forgive you but only on one condition" she said but I can already get where this is going.

"And what is that" I replied knowing very well that she'll ask me to get married and all like always but surprisingly that was not the thing this time.

"I know you must be thinking that I'll ask you to get married but no...I just want to see my grandson please come to meet me once I miss you" she said almost crying.

"Granny I have told you so many times to come here and stay with me...I also feel lonely here sometimes I have no one other than you" I replied and it's true she's everything to me my friend, my mother, my granny.

My mom and dad died when I was two since then she and my grandpa were my everything but when my grandpa died few years back and I took over his business I was so busy with all the work, it was all just so new to me and granny started feeling lonely she missed grandpa and I was also not there for her I was always busy so she decided to shift to India where her brother's lived.

She's basically from India but when she married my grandpa she shifted here with him...it was a love marriage. I snapped out of my thoughts listening her voice "Are you there my son say something...it's okay if you don't want to visit India I can understand you are busy".

"No granny your wish is my command...I'm coming" I replied with a sigh.

"Okay my son I'll be waiting for you" she said happily.

"Okay then bye I'll talk to you later" I replied before hanging up. I sighed again as I saw that Mack was still here listening to our talk.

"Why are you still here don't you have any work to do" I said as my phone started ringing again it was Nora so I just rejected it.

"So you are going to India" Mack asked ignoring my question.

"Yeah...wanna come with me" I replied casually.

"Yeah actually it's a great idea...I'm really tired with my work and all so I think I need a break and what could be better then a vacation with my best buddy" he said excitedly.

"Right and granny will be happy to see you after so long" I said.

"Okay then I'll see you, text me about when we'll be leaving and all" he replied before leaving.

After the last meeting of the day ended and I returned back to my cabin I called my assistant Brenda in.

"I'm leaving for India tomorrow so cancel all my meetings for the next few days" I said without looking at her, scrolling through the emails in my phone.

"Oh to meet your grandma" she asked nicely.

"That's not your business so do as you are told" I snapped.

Brenda is a hard working girl but I talk this way to almost everyone and I also don't like my employes poking their nose into my personal life.

"Sorry...I'll clear your schedule" she said before leaving as I left for my place too.

I gulped down the whole glass of whiskey and looked out of the big window of my room staring down at the busy streets of Seattle lost in my own thoughts thinking that I have everything but still I'm all alone, till when will I be like this?

I sighed pushing all these thoughts out of my head before heading towards my bed as sleep took over me as soon as my head hit the pillow.

****

Edited.

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)