Chapter 29: Jealousy is a sign of love

Ashima's POV

The next morning I got ready and left for work feeling a little sleepy because I slept late last night but still I'm excited to get back at work again the only thing in which I get so involved that I forget about everything else for a while atleast.

Soon I reached the airport and got busy in the work as the flight took off.

And I didn't even realize when my shift got over and it's already evening and here I'm standing waiting for a cab but I can't see a single one on the street.

And just then a car stopped in front of me and the window's glass slowly rolled down revealing the one sitting inside and believe me when I say that the person sitting inside is the last one I'll want to see...it's Gary I'm in no mood see him so I decided to walk away but his voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Hey Ashima I think you need a ride back home" he said popping his head out of the window.

"No thank you" was all I replied and choose to ignore him.

"But I saw you were standing here from sometime now and believe me sometimes it's really hard to get a cab" he said and his words made me think about his offer as I have to meet my brother and I'm already getting late and it'll be rude to make him wait thinking so I got in his car.

"So how was your day" he asked trying to start a conversation but can't he see that I'm not in the mood to talk.

"Tiring" I replied after a while as I felt a little guilty at the thought that maybe I was being rude, but what else can I do I'm just so nervous about meeting Vihaan bhai (brother) after so many years.

"Ashima I was just wondering that if you wanted to join me for clubbing tomorrow night" he asked after a while.

"No I can't...I'm busy" I replied although I'm not busy I lied to him the actual reason is that clubbing is just not my thing I don't like it and talking about club makes me remember of that night I went to club with Edward and that kiss, my first kiss and also unforgettable, I can't forget the way his lips moved against mine and...oh wait what's going on with me I shouldn't be thinking this way, I scolded myself while lightly slapping my own forehead.

"Please it's my birthday and Mack will be there too" he said in a pleading voice pulling me out of my trance.

"Okay I'll think about it" I replied with a sigh as we reached at my apartment's building and I got out and walked away quickly after thanking him for the ride.

But wait I didn't tell him my address then how did he came to know that I live here, I turned around to ask him about this but he was already gone and I was left confused.

After getting in my apartment I took a quick shower and got ready and left to meet my brother.

I looked around in the restaurant in search of Vihaan bhai (brother) but he is nowhere to be seen and I turned around as I felt a light tap on my shoulder only to see Vihaan standing there with a smile and guilt in eyes.

I just stood there not knowing what to do or say as nervousness again crept in me and all I finally managed to say was "Hey".

But I was taken aback when he hugged me suddenly out of nowhere but I quickly maintained my surprise and hugged him back.

After few seconds he pulled away and laid us to a table.

"You wanted to talk about something" I asked breaking the silence between us.

"I just wanted to apologize for everything, after Ava's death I was really broken and when you said that you think dad is the reason behind her death I was really mad at you and hurt that you could think our dad will do something like that and at that moment I just thought that I didn't wanted you in my life" he replied not looking at me even once and I stayed quiet.

"But now I realize that every single relation is very important in life and I hope that you'll forgive your brother" he added as his eyes were moist now and filled with guilt.

"I forgive you" I replied with a smile "And I'm glad that I have got my brother back so now let's just forget everything we won't talk on this topic again" I added as he smiled happily nodding his head.

And as I said we didn't bring this topic up again and talked about some random things and ordered for ourselves.

"How's dad" I finally asked the question which was roaming in my head since I came here.

"He's just living, he keeps himself really busy in work even though now me and Kunal can handle all the business alone...he really misses you Ashi" he replied and I just laughed sarcastically at his last words.

"You know there's a saying that only after losing someone you realize their importance" he said "You should forgive him too" he added.

"No I can't, because I still think that dad was the reason of Ava's death" I replied and an expression of pain flashed in his eyes on the mention of Ava so I decided to leave this topic and not knowing what to say further I moved my eyes around only to settle them on one familiar man.

Edward.

What's he doing here and that too with a girl, is she his girlfriend, so this was his love at one moment he says that he loves me and in other moment he is with some other girl.

I moved my eyes to the brown haired girl and I found myself getting mad at her for no reason.

"What are you looking at" Vihaan said following my gaze and then he turned back to me chuckling.

"What" I asked irritated.

"You are jealous" he replied.

"What why would I be jealous of someone I don't even know" I lied.

"Don't lie I know that you know that guy sitting with the brown haired girl" he replied as I gave him a confused look.

"I saw you with him, outside a club in a situation I shouldn't have seen" he cleared my confusion but wait what situation, I have went to club with Edward only once so...oh no did he saw us kissing, I looked at him embarrassed but of course didn't dare to ask if my guess was right after all he's my elder brother.

"And that's how you got to know I'm here" I asked and he nodded "So you knew from so long that I'm here" I added as he nodded again.

"Believe me if you are feeling jealous then I can tell you are definitely in love, I have experienced all this" Vihaan said.

"Jealousy is just a sign of love" he added as the waiter came with our order.

His words left me in deep thinking as I moved my eyes towards Edward again, okay I admit that I'm feeling bad seeing him with someone else and I'm kind of mad at me but I know that I don't have the right to feel jealous or being angry with him because I'm the one who is not accepting his feelings.

My grip on the fork in my hand tighten as I saw the brown haired girl laugh at something Edward said, what the hell he said to make her laugh like that I'm sure he is definitely flirting with her.

Suddenly Edward looked at me and our eyes met...that's it I can't see this anymore, thinking so I got up excusing myself and walked towards the ladies room.

When I got back Edward and that girl were not there and soon we too finished our dinner.

Vihaan gave me a brotherly hug before I got into a cab and left the place with still a spoiled mood.

******

Hey guys,

If you liked this chapter then feel free to vote and leave your comments.

Bye until next time :)