Chapter 14: Be my girl

Edward's POV

"No Madi you can't meet her, she's out of town for few days" I said to Madi, its been two days since she came here and she'll leave tonight as whatever work she had here is finished now so she wants to meet Ashima again before leaving.

"Oh how many days" she replied thinking something.

"Until you leave" I said under my breath so she won't hear it. I lied to her about Ashima being out of town actually if they both meet again maybe then Ashima will tell her the truth so it's better if they don't meet again before I talk to Ashima about this whole girlfriend situation and convince her to lie again.

"Did you say something" she replied snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No and now don't disturb me I have some work to do" I said before walking into my room.

Later that night Madi left but not before saying hundreds of times to bring Ashima along with me to her wedding and for that I need to convince her somehow and I decided to talk about this to her the next morning.

In the morning I called her and "Ashima we need to talk it's important, are you free today" I said over the phone.

"Yeah I guess I'm" she replied.

"Okay so can you come to my office" I said hoping she'll come.

"Oh yeah I want to know about few things too but why can't we meet somewhere else" she replied and I know that she wants to know why I lied to Madison.

"Why somewhere else, do you have some problem coming to my office" I said frowning, I don't know why she never agrees to whatever I say.

"No I mean your boss wouldn't like it if I disturb you during your work time" she replied.

"Ashima I'll text you the address just come okay" I said or more like ordered before hanging up not giving her a chance to reply, doesn't she know that I'm not an employee I'm the boss. Of course how would she know we never got any chance to talk about these things.

After texting her the address I called my assistant Brenda in and told her to cancel my meetings and not to stop a girl named Ashima from coming in.

After sometime there was a knock on the door "Come in" I said while looking at my phone pretending to be busy but the truth is I have been waiting for her and she made me wait for long which of course I don't like. I looked up but to my disappointment it was not Ashima it's Nora who the hell let her in.

"Eddie I missed you so much" she said throwing her arms around my neck.

"What the fuck are you doing here" I replied while pushing her off me.

"I came to meet you, let's get back together" she said as if we had many years of relationship.

"Look we were never together it was just a night, just one night now get out" I yelled as she came near again trying to hug me.

"I know you love me" she said giving me a weird look, god knows what was that look for if she was trying to seduce me then she's failing in it miserably. I wanted to laugh at her face but before I can do that I heard Brenda's voice "Sir miss Ashima is here" she said with an apologetic look on her face and beside her stood Ashima looking at me.

I quickly pushed away Nora's hands which were around my neck and looked at Brenda who was looking down.

"Why did you let her in" I said calmly pointing my finger at Nora.

"Sir I thought she was miss Ashima whom you told not to stop so I..." she replied and I cut her off.

"And you didn't feel like asking her name to confirm if she was the one" I said.

"Sorry sir" she replied.

"Get her out of here and don't let her in ever again" I said.

"You can't..." Nora said but I spoke in between "Get out Nora before I call the guards".

"But wait who's she" Nora said pointing at Ashima.

"My girlfriend, now leave" I replied this time loudly, while Ashima looked at me in surprise.

Nora gave an angry and disgusted look to Ashima and left. Brenda left too.

I looked at Ashima who looked angry probably because I called her my girlfriend again, oh now it's going to be more hard to convince her.

"Look she was..." I tried to say but she cut me off.

"You don't need to explain that to me right".

"Right" I said in a low voice "Please have a seat then we can talk" I added.

"You really need to stop this" she said folding her hands under her breast which drew my attention towards them and I gulped.

"Stop what" I replied still feeling distracted.

"Introducing me as your girlfriend to everyone" she said with a disbelieved look.

"I did that just to get rid of her" I lied, I like introducing her to everyone as my girl, don't know from when.

"And why did you lied to Madison" she said.

"She just assumed it, and then I thought that it's a great idea" I replied grinning and she raised her eyebrows.

"Madi's mom, my aunt is always after me telling me to get settled, get married and makes me meet hundreds of girls whenever I go to her place, so you can imagine how irritating that is" I explained the situation to her while she nodded.

"So I want you to come to Madi's wedding as my girl, to stop all this drama" I said and she looked at me shaking her head.

"Don't worry it will just be to show them that I'm not single anymore, it'll be fake" I said hoping to listen a yes.

"Edward we are friends so I could have helped you but it's just...anyways why don't you take that girl with you who was here few minutes ago" she replied "Or someone else" she added.

"I want you to come because you are..." I trailed off and sighed "It'll just be for few days and then everything will be back to normal".

"But I won't get a leave from my job" she tried to reason.

"That's a lame excuse, I can even buy the airline if I want to, so getting you some days off is not a hard thing to do for me, you must have known that by now" I said with a smug on my face.

"Show off" she said under her breath but I heard it.

"I heard that" I said grinning "You don't have any proper reason to deny, so what's your decision" I said impatiently. And she was quite for few minutes thinking something.

"Edward..." she stopped and then sighed before saying "Okay I'll come with you but just to help you nothing else" and I smiled happily.

Suddenly she frowned and said "You have to stop ordering me".

"When did I do that" I replied confused.

"Oh you don't remember you said Ashima just come okay" she mimicked me and she looked so cute while doing that.

I laughed at her expression while she frowned but soon a beautiful smile formed on her lips and somehow I felt that I have to keep that smile on her lips for forever and I promised myself to do so.

******

Thanks for reading.
Hope you liked it.
Please vote and comment.

Bye for now :)