Chapter 9: She is here

Edward's POV

I was sleeping soundly when I heard my phone ringing disturbing my sleep as much as I would love to just ignore it and return to sleep but if someone's calling at this time then maybe it's something important or some emergency thinking so I answered the call on the third ring, it's from some unknown number.

Before I could say something I heard a sweet and low voice from the other side.

"Hello can I speak to Mr.Edward".

"Yes...who's this" I replied confused that who would call at this hour of night but somehow I felt like I have heard this voice somewhere.

"It's Ashima Mehra" the reply came from the other side.

I was surprised why is she calling me at this time well I'm not complaining about it but is she in some kind of trouble and the number is not of India, is she here I snapped out of my thoughts when she said "Hey are you there".

"Yeah what's wrong, what made you call me at this time" I replied quickly "Are you okay" I added after a pause suddenly feeling concerned.

"I'm okay...actually I'm here in Seattle and I have landed in a trouble so I was hoping if you would come and help me out" she replied trying to sound calm but I could tell she's not.

"Okay I'm coming tell me where you are" I asked impatiently as I was now worried about her.

"I'll text you the address" she replied.

I took a pause before saying "Don't worry okay" and hanged up.

I made my way out towards my car as I got the text and I was surprised because it was a police station's address which was not so far from where I stay.

But how did she end up there and that too at this time I wondered as I reached my destination I hope she is fine.

I saw her sitting on one of the chairs as I entered the police station, oh how much I wished to see her again. My attraction towards her is undeniable.

She was wearing a simple jeans and top, and looked exhausted but still she managed to look beautiful I smiled and walked towards her as she looked up at me suddenly happy.

"Hey how did you end up here and" before I could complete one of the cops spoke "Mr.Miller please have a seat so I think you are the one who's going to give her bail".

Ashima looked surprised because the cop knew me I smirked Obviously he will know me after all I'm one of the richest business man in the world.

But now I'm confused about this  bail did she commit any crime no how can someone who looks so innocent can do so.

Ashima noticed my confusion and said "I'll explain everything afterwards...can you give the bail" she asked after taking a pause hesitantly.

"Of course".

After completing the bail formalities we walked out as we were on the street Ashima was about to say something but I cut her off saying "Let's sit in the car and talk" to which she agreed.

"So now mind to tell me what was this all about" I asked as now we sat in the car. I was really curious to know have a sweet girl like her ended up in police station.

"Actually today I shifted here from India due to my job and all so..." and she went on explaining how this all happened and all the time while listening to her my attention was mostly on her lips which looked so delicate and all I wished to do was kiss her like there was no tomorrow and what not.

But my bad luck I can't do that I didn't wanted to scare her off so I quickly snapped out of my dirty dream land.

"And thank you so much for helping me I mean no one would come to help at this time for a friend who is practically a total stranger" she thanked me with a beautiful smile on her face which was like a reward to me.

"Anytime" I replied.

"Well then I think I should leave thank you once again bye" she said and it didn't sit well with me that she'll go all alone at this time again its not safe at all and I didn't wanted her to leave so soon don't know why so I stopped her as she was about to open the door. She looked at me confused.

"It's not safe to go alone I'll drive you to your home" I said firmly and she was about to protest but I continued "Tell me the address" leaving no space for argument and she did as she was told.

"Okay let's go but wait you were out to search some shop for food so you must be really hungry let's go to my place you need to eat something" I said and started drinking towards my place without waiting for her reply.

"No wait I mean you have already done so much" she said denying to go with me but I won't listen to her.

"Ashima I know you must be hungry and it's not good to sleep empty stomach" I said focusing on the road.

And after little argument she finally gave up and soon we reached my place.

"I never knew you lived in a penthouse it's so beautiful" Ashima said as she looked around at the beauty of the place.

"Well you don't know many more things about me yet" I replied with a smirk "Come sit here while I'll heat up the food" I added pointing at the dining table but she followed me as I walked towards the kitchen.

"So you have shifted here permanently or just for few days" I asked while taking out a bowl of biryani from fridge and heated it in the microwave.

"I guess permanently" she replied and I sighed in relief.

After a few minutes I placed the plate of food in front of her before sitting opposite her.

"Biryani...its an Indian dish so I assume you like Indian food " she said as she started eating.

"Well there are many more Indian things that I like" I replied in a low voice while looking at her "actually my granny is Indian so she used to make this dish for me but now since she's not here so" I stopped seeing a sad look on her face which confused me.

"I'm so sorry about your granny" she said.

"Hey my granny is alive and perfectly fine what I meant was she is not here she's in India" I replied chuckling at her embarrassed expression.

"Oh sorry" was all she said and quietly continued eating.

And I kept staring at her.

After few minutes she said "Thank you so much I'll leave now" she was ready to leave.

"Wait you can stay here over night I'll drop you in the morning its almost three now" I replied.

"No it's fine" she said.

"No, its not safe to go alone and I could have dropped you now but I'm really sleepy" I lied not wanting her to leave.

After few minutes of thinking she finally agreed.

While I was really excited that we'll be under the same roof but of course in different rooms I thought to myself.

But soon I'll make her mine I promised to myself smiling.

******

Thanks for reading.
Hope you liked it, if you did then please vote and comment :)

And do check out my other story (Forced to be yours) if interested :)