Chapter 27: Shocked

Edward's POV

"What did you find out" I asked sitting on my chair as Mack sat on the chair opposite me.

"I'm really surprised to see who's number it is" he replied and I can clearly tell that he is really confused too by his expression, he seemed in deep thoughts when I came in and his this behavior is making me more worried.

"Mack just tell me who's number it is, you are just increasing my tension" I asked impatiently.

"This number is registered on...Gary Jones's name" he replied with confusion written all over his face.

"Gary" I asked in a low voice as a bad feeling crept in me by listening his name.

"Yes it's his number" he replied "And now are you going to tell me what's all this about, why did you ask me to search about this number" he asked but I didn't reply as I was in deep thoughts.

If Gary was the one troubling Ashima by giving her blank calls and stupid messages then that means Ashima is definitely in some kind of danger considering Gary's past and this thought made me panic as the memories of few years back flashed in front of my eyes like a movie.

"No I won't let any harm come near my Ashima" I whispered absentmindedly concerned about something bad like that happening to her.

"Dude what are you talking about Ashima, harm what's going on now you are making me worry too" Mack's voice pulled me out of my trance.

"I can't explain you all this now I don't have time I have to leave" I replied walking towards the door.

"But atleast tell me where are you going" I heard his voice but I was already out and left for Ashima's place in a hurry because I need to warn her about this.

I reached at her place only to see her apartment is locked and she's not at home I don't know where she must have gone when the doctor clearly told her to rest, of course she won't ever listen to anyone.

"Stubborn girl" I whispered with annoyance and anger.

I quickly dialed her number but she's not receiving my calls again so I decided to wait for her here only because warning her about this Gary is really important.

I waited for her in my car and it was after few hours almost in the evening when I saw her getting out of a car waving to someone sitting in I guess before the car drove off and I quickly walked towards her and stopped her by holding her wrist as she stopped in her tracks and turned around.

"Where were you, you are not yet totally fine don't you understand you need rest" I said with concern.

"What I do or where I go is not your concern" she replied with a little loud voice, her rude behavior is just making me angry now.

"Whatever you do, wherever you go concerns me Ashima" I said firmly trying my best to control my anger.

"What are you here for now" she replied with a sigh.

"I need to talk to you it's really important" I said still holding her wrist.

"I don't want to talk about anything leave my hand" she replied trying to free her hand but failed as I only tightened my grip around her wrist.

"Don't make a scene here" she said in a hushed voice still trying hard to free her hand as some people passing by were now looking at us.

"Edward leave my hand, you are hurting me" she yelled and that instantly made me leave her hand and before I could say something she walked away quickly not even giving me a chance to stop her.

What should I do now she's not ready to listen a word but it's really important to inform her about Gary because I don't want the history to repeat itself.

I think I should appoint someone to keep an eye on Gary's every move.

"I don't know what you are planning but one thing I'm sure about is that I won't let you hurt Ashima in any way" I whispered to myself determinedly while getting back in the car and driving back to my place.

******

Ashima's POV

I stepped in my apartment still thinking about what happened just few minutes back, I went to meet Kate at her place because I was getting bored sitting home doing nothing and while coming back I met Edward.

"Why can't he just stay away from me" I whispered to myself, this is getting really hard for me.

Because he loves you and you want him to stay away from you just because you are scared that someday unknowingly you'll confess your feelings for him and atleast you should have listened to what he was saying, again my subconscious spoke in my head, oh she also can't leave me alone for some time atleast.

I know what he wanted to say, again the same topic on which we talked this morning. He should just stop trying to talk to me because I hate to act rude with him and hurt him, it hurts me too.

But why is it this way why do I feel bad while hurting him emotionally why. I have always felt lonely and craved for love and care after my mom's death but now when I have Edward who loves me and cares for me so much then why am I running away from him, should I give us a chance.

But I can't forget the fact that love is a weakness, it makes a person weak and helpless it breaks and changes a person into someone totally different just like Vihaan and my dad, I can't forget how broken they both were after losing their love.

I snapped out of my trance as my attention got diverted towards my phone which was ringing and I looked down at it and the name flashing on the screen left me surprised or rather shocked.

Why is he calling me.

******

Hey guys,

If you liked this chapter then feel free to vote and comment your views about this story so far.

Bye :)