Chapter 45: Family

Ashima's POV

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of the house from which I ran away few years back. The house in which I spent my childhood, in which I ran around as a kid with my mom behind me chasing me calling out my name, the house in which I fought with my brothers when we were little kids as they teased me and when we had no real grudges against eachother...just cute silly fights like every other brother and sister, the house in which I cried, laughed and had so many memories some sad, some happy, some soaked in tears after my mom's death.

Losing your mother at a young age is very hard to deal with, in fact at any age.

I never thought that I would come back here. When I left I vowed to myself to never look back again, to never look back at the people whom once I used to call mine, my family.

Family.

The word family itself has so many emotions in it, calling someone as our family is a silent promise that no matter what we'll be right there by your side even when the whole world is against you, a promise that we'll be there to wipe your tears when you are sad and we'll be there to share your happiness in your good times, a promise that we'll support you in everything that you want to archive but will stop you at the right time when you are wrong.

Family sticks together.

They are the biggest support in life, they are your strength and weakness at the same time.

As much as strong a family can be it can also fall apart when we stop trying and that's what happened. I once had that kind of family whom people call perfect and happy but everything just fell apart after my mom died.

All four of us were just lost somewhere in our own world after her death, it was like the happiness of our house was taken away back then and the silence replaced it. We all started growing apart.

Maybe if my mom was here today then she would have never let this happen, she would have never let our family fall apart.

But anyways that's what I'm here for today.

To mend our broken relations.

"Come on now let's go" suddenly Edward's voice pulled me out of my trance making me realize that I have been standing here for quite a while now.

"Don't worry everything will be just fine...I'm with you" he said giving me a reassuring smile.

I smiled looking at him, he is the one because of whom I'm standing here. He persuaded me to meet my dad.

He is my strength.

I pressed the bell beside the big door of the Mehra mansion and it was instantly opened by Vihaan not by some maid I knew he might be waiting for us, it's sunday so he is home.

"Dad see your surprise is here about which I talked to you" Vihaan said smiling widely.

I walked in the living room slowly only to see my dad sitting on the couch just relaxing but he got up and turned towards us on hearing Vihaan's voice.

"What surprise son..." he stopped whatever he was going to say as he was too shocked to see me.

I smiled a little through my moist eyes.

I'm seeing him after so long, he looks older now.

I'm nervous, I looked at Edward as he nodded towards my dad gesturing me to go to him.

I sighed deeply before walking towards him as he was still standing on the same place.

"I-I'm sorry dad" I said barely in a whisper as he just looked at me with a blank face before taking me in a hug.

I was taken aback by the sudden hug because his hurtful words and anger was what I expected but anyways I hugged him back after few seconds. 

I wanted to say so many things, there were many things I wanted to apologize for but for now I just decided to stay silent. I can say whatever I want later but for now I'm just happy because by hugging me without saying or asking anything he just proved that I'm forgiven long back.

I looked at the person with love because of whom I'm here right now, because of whom I decided to leave my fears behind.

I mouthed a thank you to him as he just stood there smiling looking more happy then me.

He fulfilled his promise.

I couldn't hold back my tears any longer as they slipped down my eyes.

These are tears of happiness.

Happiness is finally standing knocking on the door and this time I'm going to fight for it and embrace it rather then running away.

****

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Bye until next time.

With lots of love.

Crystal :)