Chapter 24: Caring

Ashima's POV

In the morning when I woke up I didn't see Edward anywhere so I thought to call Pia and told her what happened yesterday morning.

"No it's just a little fracture nothing else and Edward is really taking good care of me" I said over the phone smiling when I mentioned Edward.

"Okay but wait who's Edward" Pia asked confused from the other side.

"Oh I almost forgot to tell you about Edward yesterday when we talked..." but she interrupted me.

"Oh my god he's your boyfriend finally you have someone and you didn't feel the need to tell me about him" she said first happy then sad and I rolled my eyes although she can't see me obviously.

"Pia he's not my boyfriend he's just a good friend" I replied, why does everyone thinks Edward is my boyfriend can't a boy and girl be just friends.

"But..." she spoke but I cut her off as I saw Edward standing at the door.

"I'll talk to you later now I have to go bye" I said before hanging up.

"Whom were you talking about I mean I heard the last part about boyfriend" he asked coming in with a strange expression.

"About you" I blabbered "I mean nothing I was talking to Pia and where were you" I quickly corrected myself and changed the topic.

"Oh I just thought you might need some new clothes as you'll go home today so that's why I brought you new clothes" he replied handing me a paper bag, oh he's so caring.

"Thank you" I said smiling.

******

Edward's POV

"I don't like to sit in this wheel chair" Ashima said making faces like a child would do while eating something he doesn't like as I helped her to sit on the wheel chair.

"Okay then you have another option" I replied.

"And what's that" she asked as we made our way out of the hospital.

"I can pick you up to the car" I replied grinning.

"No I'm good on this wheel chair" she said shaking her head making her hair bounce in the air.

"Wait what about the hospital's bill" she asked as I helped her to sit in the car.

"You don't need to worry about that I took care of it" I replied getting in the car and started driving.

"Okay tell me how much it was I'll return the money back to you" she said.

"No need of that" I replied, how can she think that I'll ask the money back after all she's my...friend of course, I thought to myself with a sigh.

"No just tell me" she said, oh why did God made her so stubborn.

"Just keep quiet Ashima" I replied in a bored voice.

"But Edward..." she spoke but I interrupted her.

"Ashima you know you'll lose in this argument so just save your energy and don't talk about it" I said.

"Okay" she murmured with a frown before turning her eyes towards the window from me.

"Ashima I was thinking it'll be better if you stay at my place until you get well" I said after a while of silence.

"Why would I stay at your place" she replied raising her eyebrows.

"Because you are not well and you can't even walk properly without anyone's help and you stay alone so..." I said.

"Thank you but no need of that, I can handle myself" but she interrupted me.

"Ashima just think once" I said with a sigh, I already knew she won't agree to this but still I asked.

"Edward I'm really thankful that you offered me to stay at your place until I get well but I can't" she replied.

"Okay as you wish but if you need anything anytime just call me okay" I said halting the car as we reached her place.

"I will" she replied with a smile, oh I feel like I can do anything to see that beautiful smile on her lips always.

"Should I pick you up till your apartment as there's no wheel chair now" I asked opening the door for her.

"Okay" she replied with much hesitation and I picked her up in my arms.

"Wait I'll open the door" she said as we were standing in front of her apartment and she took the keys out of her hand bag and unlocked the door.

"Edward now you can go if you want because you must have work to do and you must be tired too" she said as I made her sit on the sofa.

"No I'm not tired and I think I'll stay here till the night because you'll need someone to help you right" I replied as she nodded her head, how can I leave her on her own when she's not even able to walk properly.

"Actually I'm sorry I'll have to leave but I'll be back soon" I said after thinking for a while as suddenly I remembered that I have to search about that unknown number.

"Okay no problem" she replied.

"You take care okay" I said before leaving, although I didn't wanted to leave her alone.

"Mack come to my office in ten minutes I need your help" I said over the phone while driving towards my office.

"I'm in a meeting right now but don't worry I'll be there soon" he replied from the other side.

Soon I reached at my office and Mack was already there.

"What is it" he asked as I sat on my chair.

"I need you to search about this number just hire someone to do it I could have done this myself but I have to go back to Ashima" I replied while texting him the number.

"But why" he asked.

"I'll explain that some other time" I replied.

"Okay, I left an important meeting to come here so I'll leave now" he said before leaving in a hurry.

I don't know who's number it could be and how dangerous he or she could be but I just hope that Ashima won't get hurt in all this. Don't know why but I just can't stand the idea of her getting hurt.

Are my granny and Mack right am I in love, is this what people call love.

******

Hey everyone,
So how was this chapter.
If you liked it then feel free to vote and leave your comments.

Bye :)