Chapter One

Hermione's POV

"It's nothing personal, I just am not attracted to you anymore. Please don't hate me," Ron begged as I threw my things into a bag.

"Nothing personal?! Whether or not you like me definitely sounds personal!" I said, voice shrill.

"Hermione, I don't want to be on bad terms, I just want to, er-"

I took a couple of deep breaths. "You want to what, Ronald?" A wave of calm swept over me, and I could tell I was about to kill someone. Preferably him.

"Er, maybe we should take a break from each other, like, er, as in not be dating anymore?" Ron finished as more of a question than a statement.

"Fine. Fine. We're done!" I left our flat and slammed the door behind me. "You can keep the bloody apartment!"

I stomped down the stairs of the apartment building and went to the first place I could think of.

--------

"Hey, Hermi- What happened?" Harry answered the door and noticed my tear-streaked face.

I shook my head, didn't bother talking for fear of bursting out in loud tears, and just headed into the house.

"Ginny's upstairs," Harry said helpfully.

I flew up the stairs and collapsed on Harry and Ginny's shared bed and began sobbing.

"What happened?" Ginny was immediately at my side, giving me surprisingly comforting hugs.

"Ron-"

"What'd he do?" Ginny asked.

"He-he said," I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes, "he said that he didn't like me anymore. That it's nothing personal, but he simply doesn't like me anymore like that." When I finished, my voice was merely a whisper. "He said our relationship felt mechanical and forced..."

"Excuse me for a moment," Ginny stood and disapparated with a pop.

A few minutes later she returned, eyes blazing.

"Now that that's been properly dealt with. Only problem will be this," Ginny held up a half full piece of parchment with a quill hovering over it, still writing.

"Two-thirds of our beloved Golden Trio have had a nasty falling out. Previously a steady couple of two years, Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger are no longer-" I began to read aloud. "Already?"

Ginny grimaced. "Gotta love the press."

She sighed. "Also, you should probably know that he's got a new girlfriend..."

"What the hell? It's literally only been about twenty minutes!" A fresh wave of tears spilled down my face.

"Don't worry, they're both currently hanging by their ankles and enjoying large bats spilling out of their noses," Ginny comforted, though that didn't really do it for me. "My absolute favorite combination: the bat-bogey hex and levicorpus. Works wonders."

"You shouldn't have." I said rather seriously.

"No no, yes I should've," Ginny said, fire returning to her eyes. "They needed it," she muttered.

I heard this although I obviously was not supposed to. "What'd you see?"

Ginny swallowed. "Well, they were... How about this? They were, er, not clothed, for lack of a better term..."