Chapter Thirteen

Hermione's POV

I headed into the kitchen to grab breakfast, forgetting that Quinn was sleeping on the couch as I flicked on the lights.

"What the hell, Granger?" Draco asked groggily.

I looked over and saw him sitting on the pullout couch, holed up in the corner with Quinn leaning into him, her head resting on his chest.

"Hey, Mione," Quinn looked up, her hair a mess on her head.

"Um, just getting breakfast..." I shrugged. "Is that an issue?"

"Oh, guess we're getting up then, Quinn," Draco looked down at her, then got up and Quinn followed suit. The covers slipped off of his bare chest, and when he saw me staring, he smirked.

"What? Can't stand not looking, Granger?" Draco teased.

My face heated up. "I wasn't looking." I lied. "Just wondering if you were, er, accustomed to the idea of a 'shirt'. Amazing, really. They're very conventional."

"Sure, sure. But it's okay to stare, Quinn understands." Malfoy grinned and Quinn's eyes shot open, realizing what he was implying.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear," Quinn hurried into the bathroom as she saw my face.

"Aw, is Granger jealous?" Malfoy asked in a singsong voice.

"Sure. I mean, you get to look at me every day. Why wouldn't I be jealous of that?" I shot him a malicious smile that Ginny would be proud of.

Draco rolled his eyes. "Could you possibly be any more self-absorbed?"

"I could, but there can only be one of you on this Earth." I smiled proudly, knowing I won.

Malfoy pouted.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm going to get breakfast and then head to the Ministry with Quinn," I went into the kitchen, and Malfoy headed into his room, hopefully to put on a shirt.

"Quinn?" I knocked on the bathroom door. I had eaten and gotten dressed, but she still hadn't shown her face since Malfoy suggested they'd been busy last night.

"I'm sorry, Hermione," Quinn muttered from the other side of the door.

"If it's not what it looked like, why are you apologizing?" I asked. "And please, would you unlock the door? I want to get to the Ministry to help Harry out."

The lock clicked, and Quinn revealed herself.

Her face was blotchy and her eyes red, and she kept her head down.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he was yours-"

"He's not. If you did anything with him, it's fine," I gritted my teeth and tried not to let my jealousy get the better of me.

"Really? But the way you were looking at him, and how you looked when he and I were on the couch-" Quinn babbled.

"Hey, anything you thought you saw wasn't there. I promise you're absolutely fine," I forced a smile and hoped it was good enough to convince Quinn of my indifference.

She smiled in return. "Thanks, that helps. See, we didn't exactly do too much, we just kind of kissed and then it got, er, a little out of control, but I promise you that we didn't have-"

"I get it." I interrupted, not wanting to hear about their night.

Quinn nodded appreciatively, I doubt she wanted to divulge everything that she did to Malfoy.

"Just get dressed, then let's get out of here." I flopped onto the couch as Draco reemerged from his bedroom, this time fully clothed.

"Better?" He asked.