Chapter Five

Hermione's POV

"So, what're you reading?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin and slid the book under my leg, looking up to see Malfoy.

"Nothing," I looked at Malfoy's disbelieving face.

"Uh huh," Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Let me see it."

"No, no, it's fine," I slipped the book in my back pocket. "Really." I stood up, and could feel Malfoy watching me. More specifically, watching the journal.

Without looking back, I said, "Two things you should know: one, that Astoria wrote back, and two, that if you grab at this book I will not hesitate to tell Ginny you sexually assaulted me and grabbed my ass without permission."

"Granger, please," Malfoy desperately pleaded, which gave me an idea.

"Beg for it."

Draco looked at me, disbelieving, and when I didn't budge, he sighed.

Malfoy got on his knees. "Please, please, please give me the book. Miss Granger, my superior in every way, the smartest human on this Earth, I, Draco Malfoy, beg of you, please give me my journal."

I grinned. "Nope."

Malfoy's face was priceless. His eyes shot daggers at me and his mouth dropped open. "You little-"

"I could get used to this," I said, reveling in my power over him. "You know, having power over the great Draco Malfoy."

"I didn't know you thought I was great, although I can't blame you," Malfoy smirked.

"You really don't want this back, do you?" I grinned and Malfoy's face drooped.

"No, no, that's not what I meant," Draco said quickly. "Just give me the journal!"

"May I ask why?" I took the book out of my pocket and held it up. "Anything you're dying to know?"

"It has personal stuff, give it back!" He pleaded. "Look, I want to see it!"

I blushed as the newest of Malfoy's entries and Astoria's two responses came to my mind. Another idea popped into my head and I contemplated the moral integrity of it for a couple minutes before talking.

"You really want to know what she wrote, don't you?" I plastered a sympathetic look on my face, and Malfoy fell for it--hook, line, and sinker.

"Yeah. I used to be a major dick to a lot of people that I shouldn't have been, and she helps me out," He opened up a little.

"That's too bad. I hate to inform you, but Mr. Malfoy won't be getting what he wants this time," I slipped the book into my pocket and grabbed my purse. "Come and get it, if you want it that badly."

With that, I slammed the door and disapparated.

"Hey, Harry, sorry I'm late. Anything happen?" I sat next to Harry as the crowd roared.

"You didn't miss anything, they're just now getting started." Harry looked at me, then his gaze returned to the field and Ginny in her Harpies uniform. She appeared to be speaking to a guy on the opposite team, and didn't seem particularly pleased with him.

"Perfect timing, then," I said, and Harry nodded as the referee blew her whistle and the player rose into the air.

The players shot around the pitch and tossed the Quaffle around, Puddlemere United in possession. Both teams seemed to be playing more fiercely than usual, as the Holyhead Harpies and Puddlemere United are longtime rivals, and with Puddlemere being at home they had more pressure to win.