Chapter Seven

Draco's POV

One week. Seven days. One hundred sixty-eight hours. Ten thousand and eighty freaking minutes.

A week too long of this cursed journal hovering over my head and I am done with it.

"Please, Hermione," I kneeled down in front of her. "Please, Miss Granger, the Smartest Witch of our Age, the woman who is better than I in every way, I, Draco Severus Malfoy-"

"I thought your middle name was Lucius," Hermione interrupted.

"It was, but I changed it to Severus in honor of Snape, and from Lucius because my father is a massive dickhead and to have his name was absolutely terrible," I explained quickly, then returned to my pleas. "I beg of you-"

"Wait, wait. Why?" Hermione asked, and I looked at her as if she was stupid.

"I thought you were the smartest witch of our age, Granger. He killed a bunch of people because they simply disagreed with him. I testified against him in his trial and helped send him to Azkaban. His name was an issue, so I changed it to someone that actually inspired me rather than someone I hate," I explained. "May I continue now?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, and I took that as a yes.

"I beg of you, Miss Granger, please teach me, as my superior in every way, how to remove this journal from its bubble around my head," I begged, and Hermione smiled.

"Sure. It's rontisona," Hermione instructed. "Flick your wand upwards, and it'll pop. The spell to cast it is bulla, with the same flick."

I pulled out my wand and flicked it. "Rontisona!"

Nothing.

"Granger," I whined. "Please."

Hermione grinned. "You're only missing one crucial thing."

"What now?" I questioned, trying to hide just how eager I was.

"You see, the only person who can undo the spell is the one who originally cast it," Hermione's grin turned into a smug smirk. "Invented it myself."

"Well then, would you pretty please with a cherry on top fix this?"

"Draco!" She exclaimed. "I didn't know you knew such words!"

"You know, I'm actually a pretty nice guy," I tried to appeal to her.

"Yeah, definitely.. To people who've bribed you." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"And you're holding my journal over my head. Literally. That's definitely a reason to be nice to you," I tried again, this time with some success.

"True. But once I do it, what do I get?" Hermione mused aloud.

"Well, you'd get the joy of seeing me happy. That's a pretty rewarding sight," I grinned.

"Shove off, Malfoy," Hermione rolled her eyes. "Be serious. What do I get?"

"I'll... do your laundry?" I suggested with a shrug.

"Chores, nice. Maybe you should do whatever I say for a day. Like I put you under a spell where you do exactly as I say," Hermione chuckled. "Yes. I think I'll do that."