Chapter Seventeen

Ginny's POV

Bread crumbs fell to the floor.

I hastily grabbed them all, then remembered my brother and feebly tossed some across the room to Ron before stuffing what was left in my mouth.

"Th-thanks," he muttered.

I just managed to make a distorted moaning sound in response before collapsing onto the concrete floor.

The cold, hard floor.

"Aww, is little Ginevra okay?" A teasing voice echoed.

There was a pause, then, "Crucio!"

The pain.

It felt like knives stabbing every inch of my skin.

White-hot venom shot through my veins.

High pitched, torturous cackles making fun of my helplessness and torture ringing in the background.

My back arched.

My face twisted and contorted in pure agony.

Then it was over.

I collapsed into the welcoming arms of unconsciousness.

Hermione's POV

"Granger! Granger!" Malfoy called me from the sofa, where he must've fallen asleep.

"Yes?" I got up and headed into the living room.

"Get me a glass of water." Malfoy commanded.

"Excuse me?" I gave him a chance to fix what he'd said.

Malfoy rolled his eyes. "Water. Now."

"Um, no. Get it yourself, Malfoy," I said, annoyed that he was ordering me around. I thought we were on good terms.

"What the fuck, Granger? Do as I say." Malfoy ordered, rolling his eyes.

"No." I returned to my bedroom, Malfoy yelling obscenities after me.

I grabbed a couple of copies of magazines, all with obnoxious titles about Malfoy and I and Aurelia and Ron.

Shacklebolt must've done a good job keeping Ginny and Ron's disappearances under lock and key, they weren't mentioned at all.

However, I noted that someone had followed Malfoy and I returning to our flat one day, and saw the two of us slipping inside. I was wearing a loose yellow crop top and high waisted denim shorts. My hair dye had paled, so I was left with blonde streaks, and Malfoy's hand rested on the small of my back. He was simply wearing a v-neck shirt and some jeans, and I was smiling at him for real. It was quite a nice photo, if you ignored the horrendous title underneath it.

HERMIONE AND DRACO: Booty Call for Revenge or Something More?

I rolled my eyes and tossed the magazine to the side and moved on to the next one without reading it.

Oh, who am I kidding? I hastily grabbed the magazine back and read the article.

Hermione Granger is spotted entering Draco Malfoy's flat. It seems she has found the perfect way to get revenge on Ron Weasley, her former boyfriend, considering he spoke on the matter, saying that "Malfoy's a prat, and if [Hermione] wants to f*** that Death Eater, so be it. Let her have fun and get hurt..." and that he and Aurelia were "passionately in love and a nice change from Granger's boring, traditional ways."