Chapter Two

Draco's POV

I pushed past Granger to get to my bedroom. My cheeks flared up and I hid in my room silently until I heard the door close.

That was embarrassing; I blatantly stared at Granger's cleavage right in front of her, thinking I didn't know her. She must think I'm some kind of creepy, perverted asshole now.

Great job, Malfoy. Hasn't been ten minutes and she hates you. She'll probably move out by tomorrow, prat. I scolded myself.

But she's changed. Her hair is different, shorter, with blue streaks, and the dress I saw was doing her nothing but favors. The Granger I knew at Hogwarts wouldn't have ever worn anything like that.

Her image in that dress has been seared into my mind. Not that I really want it there, but it's definitely not doing me any harm. The dress was tight to her body, hugging her curves and just... wow.

I wrote in my little journal about Hermione, among other things, until a tapping sound on my window interrupted my thoughts.

I looked over and saw my owl, Ophelia, with a couple copies of magazines and the Daily Prophet.

I opened the window and let her in, took the papers from her, then gave her a treat. One of the headlines caught my eye.

Aurelia Eastwood Replaces Hermione in Ron Weasley's Life

I read the article. Everything clicked. Weasley dumps Granger, she feels the need to make herself more desirable. So she gets her hair done and gets new, sexy clothes to make him jealous.

Literally, the definition of revenge. Granger's done a pretty damn good job with it, too. If I checked her out, every guy she comes across will probably do the same.

The only thing she'd be missing is a hot boyfriend, and I'm certain many guys would be more than willing to be caught in public with the 'new' Granger.

I sighed, then skimmed over the Daily Prophet, making sure nothing crazy had happened that I needed to know.

I went into the living room and flopped on the couch, then my eyes slowly drifted shut and I fell asleep.

Hermione's POV

I unlocked the door to our apartment and entered quietly. I saw Malfoy asleep on the couch, looking surprisingly peaceful.

I closed the door behind me, which seemed to wake him.

"Er, hi," He shot me a sort of half smile, but I could see a pink twinge to his cheeks.

I brushed him off and headed to my room, the shoes I wore clicking along on the floor.

I changed into an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts, then emerged from my room again. I went into the kitchen, a small room connected to the living room by an arch, that had one wall covered in appliances and a table off to the side.

After eating a small dinner, I returned to my room and went to bed.

--------

"Hey, this came for you," Malfoy tossed me an envelope with a seal that had the logo of the Ministry of Magic on it as I finally joined him in the kitchen for breakfast.

I opened it and began to read.

Dear Miss Granger,
The Ministry of Magic is pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to fill the open position as an Auror. Your test scores are excellent, and we are glad to have you on the team. You begin tomorrow at eight o'clock sharp. Ronald Weasley will show you around, and you will shadow him for your first week (5 days).
Sincerely,
Kingsley Shacklebolt, Minister for Magic
Harry Potter, Head Auror