Chapter One

Chapter One

"Fine, then just go out with your friends Zayn," I spat angrily in defeat.

He stared at me for a moment.

"I'll be back late," his harsh words pierced through the air before he snatched his wallet and stalked out the door.

After I heard it slam shut I couldn't hold it in any longer. A loud sob escaped my lips, almost like I was crying out for someone. For who, I'm not sure, but it definitely wasn't Zayn. I leaned back against the wall and slowly slid down as my sobs echoed through the room around me.

This isn't the first argument Zayn and I have had, this is only one of the many we've been getting into lately. It's usually over the stupidest things like something one of us said in an interview, one of us twisting the other's words, or when we had made plans two weeks ago to go on a date tonight and one of us decides that going drinking with their friends is more important.

It's been like this ever since before August, when Zayn proposed and I have a feeling he did that in a final attempt to save our relationship. The thing is though, I love Zayn more than I have ever loved anyone else in my entire life and I don't think I'm capable of ending this relationship. What terrifies me the most is that Zayn is.

I don't know what I would do if Zayn and I were to split up. He knows me better than anyone else. He's the only person I've been with since the X-Factor, and I'd like to keep it that way.

But that is proving to be a difficult task.

I sat on the floor sobbing for nearly thirty minutes before I mustered up the emotional strength to stand up and search the bedroom for my phone. I had the choice to call Jade, Leigh or Jesy. They were the only ones I trusted with this type of information and since Jesy has went through a situation similar to this with a past boyfriend, I dialed her number.

"Hello?" she answered after two rings.

"Can I come over," I croaked out. My voice cracked in the middle of my sentence and the tears rushed out of my eyes like a waterfall once again.

"I'll get the Ben&Jerry's," was her immediate reply.

"Okay," I whispered, because that was all that was capable of escaping my lips besides broken sobs.

-

"So he just left?" Jesy asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, he just told me he'd be back late and walked out the door," I said, taking another scoop of ice cream.

"That is so fucked up," she said.

"Yeah," I agreed. "It is."

I had arrived at Jesy's place in the same condition I left in which, needless to say, wasn't a good one. After shedding a few more tears and taking comfort in my best friend's arms I was finally able to explain the situation to her, but not before putting a complete stop to my tears with strawberry ice cream. My heart may be aching right now, but I'll be damned if I don't cope with it the right way.

"So what are you gonna do," Jesy asked with her mouth full of ice cream.

"I don't know," I answered. I haven't thought much of what will happen when Zayn gets back home. That's a subject I've been trying to prevent from invading my thoughts.

"I mean, are you gonna..." she trailed off.

"No...maybe? I don't know," I sighed. "I just don't think I'd be able to do that. I really, really love him Jess."

"But this has been going on for months Pear," Jesy reminded me.

"I know."

"I know you love him, anyone could tell that from just looking at you two, but are you sure it's really worth all this?" She questioned

"Well it wasn't this bad until recently," I told her; and it wasn't. At first it was just stupid disagreements that we could only stay mad at each other over for no longer than ten minutes. That seems like ages ago when really it was only a few months and somehow during that period of time petty fights have turned into full blown arguments.

"Well why didn't you do anything about it before it got worse?" Jesy asked taking another bite of chocolate ice cream.

"I don't know," I replied running my hand over my face. "There was just so much going on with concerts and signings and interviews and I just thought maybe it would go away when we had a break."

I buried my head in my hands realizing my mistake. If I would've just talked to Zayn in the beginning we wouldn't be in this situation right now and instead we could be in our bed wrapped in eachother's embrace. I'm so stupid! I could've stopped this before it started and I blew it.

"Hey, Perrie, it's not all your fault. It takes two people to be in a relationship and he's in the wrong just as much as you are," she comforted me.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I agreed, but the guilt was still heavy on my shoulders.

"Everything's gonna be fine, Pear," she assured me with a smile and I gave her one in return, although it didn't reach my eyes. "It's late, you should get some sleep. You staying here?"

"Can I?" I asked hopefully.

"Of course, you're always welcome here Perrie," she told me.

"Thanks Jess. You're the best sister I could've asked for," I gave her a small smile.

"I know," she said arrogantly while flipping her hair which made us both giggle. "Now let's get you to bed, you've had a long day."

And she lead me from the couch to her bed and I fell asleep in seconds, which I was grateful for. At least in my dreams everything can be okay, if only for a little while.