Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

The six hour flight couldn't have gone by any slower. It seemed like I was sitting in that plush blue seat for days, which gave me more time to think which gave me more time to worry which made me start to regret my decision of getting on this plane in the first place. What if Simon was wrong and Zayn really did want absolutely nothing to do with me and we really were done? Though I coudn't afford to have that type of mind set since I'm already exiting the plane and I don't have anything to lose at this point. I mean, you can't lose something that has already slipped from you grasp.

Don't think like that, there is still a sliver of hope, I reminded myself as I stepped on the escalator. It may only be a small amount, but it's better than nothing. I have to be optimistic about this or else I'll just end up turning back and running away, and I'm so tired of avoiding all of my problems and pretending that they don't exist except for crying over them like a baby. It's about time I grow the hell up and face my problems the way I used to. I've realized that in the past few months some parts of me have gone through a transformation and it's not all for the better. I feel like in a way, I am stronger than i was before, but in other ways I'm also weaker and I don't want to be weak. I want to be a independent woman capable of more than people think at first glance and unless I make some arrangements within myself, I won't be able to achieve that. Starting with making an attempt to repair the destruction I've caused to Zayn and I is a good place to begin, it's the best place to begin in my opinion.

Once I find a god damn taxi.

-

The afternoon light was blinding as I stepped out of another yellow vehicle and onto the streets of Bogota. I quickly walked into the hotel the taxi had parked in front of, not really in the mood for paparazzi. Simon had told me the boys were staying here and I pray to god they weren't at their venue yet. That would mean another taxi and I was not open to traveling in one of those for the third time in twenty-four hours.er behind the desk when I passed and pressed

I gave a small smile to the manager behind the front desk when I passed and tapped the button next to the elevator. I waited impatiently for the lift to come down and once I was greeted by the doors I entered a sixty second long trip filled with irritating elevator music. Which only made the way up pass a lot slower. Once I finally reached the correct floor I searched for the room number Simon had given me and stood in front of it. This is it, I told myself. This is your final chance to set things straight. Don't fuck it up.

I brought my knuckles up to the door and took a sharp intake of breath before I tapped the door. I waited a minute and when no sound was heard from the other side I did it again. Still nothing. I tried one last time and panic began to run through my veins. They can't be at the venue already. It's hardly past noon. I hurriedly took out my phone and searched which arena he was performing at tonight. Maybe it's near by and I could get there by foot instead of hailing another cab. I was sick of riding in those horrid vehicles all alone with just me and the driver as I silently yern for freedom out of the small backseat. If you went in my mind it would almost seem like I was describing a prison cell, but my description is actually just that of a car. I definitely need to grow out of my diapers and stop being such a baby.

Aha! I finally found which stadium they were performing at and I didn't want to waste any time so I immediately searched for directions on how to get there. It turns out it was a two hour drive to get there which means walking there was completely out of the question. So, I was forced to grab another damn taxi. I began scanning the streets for any sign of one but I blew a huge breath out of my mouth when there was not one in sight. This couldn't happen, time was slipping out of my grasp more and more every second that passed and I need to keep a tight grip. If I don't get to the concert before they go on I know I won't be able to do it. I'll panic and run away and I can't afford that. Sure, life without Zayn wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would feel like the end to mine. These past couple of weeks without him it didn't feel like things were done for good, like we were just taking a break or in a huge argument, but now if I can't get him back then I know I never will.