Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

The day before Zayn was supposed to arrive for his visit, I got a surprise. A very unexpected surprise.

"Jeremy?" I said, baffled, once I answered the door.

"Hey," he beamed. His coffee colored hair was disheveled and looked like he didn't even bother to comb it, but he still looked attractive nevertheless.

"Um," I said shifting uncomfortably on my feet. "What are you doing here?"

"What, you mean you don't want to see me?"

"No, no it's not that I just-"

"I'm just kidding Pear," he said flashing me a heart stopping smile. " Actually I was on the road with a few of my mates but, they ditched me."

I put my hand over my mouth in shock. "What?"

"Yeah, I don't know. Something about not enough room in the car? We made a stop just down the road because I had to use the bathroom but when I came back out they were no where in sight."

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible." How could someone be so heartless to do such a thing? That's cruel; leaving you someone in the middle of a city they don't know.

"I know," he sighed. "And I know it's a lot to ask, but I don't know anyone here and I don't have any money with me but, could I stay here?"

I bit my lip and started thinking how terrible of an idea that would be. What would the girls think? And Zayn? He's visiting tomorrow and I'd rather him not walk in and spot my ex-boyfriend lounging on my couch.

Jeremy must've noticed my apprehension because he quickly added, "Only for a few hours. I just need to rest for a bit is all." And I was still hesitant but another heart-stopping smile formed on his lips and I couldn't deny his company.

I held the door open as he stepped in while I mentally thanked the universe that I had gotten my own hotel room. Jade was the one who had made the suggestion and caused my face to turn the same shade as her lipstick when she said it was because she didn't want to know just how much I loved Zayn. The other girs laughed but also agreed, and that was that.

He took a seat on the couch and after making sure the door was securely locked I did the same, my body occupying the spot next to him. I turned on the telly, but the flashing across the screen was soon forgotten as we indulged in a conversation that somehow turned from innocent into something from the past.

"You know, I almost proposed to you back in high school," he said abruptly. I was taken back and almost spit out the water I wasn't drinking.

"What?"

"Well, I wasn't serious about it," he told me, "but it did cross my mind on several occasions."

"Like when?" I questioned, my curiosity taking over.

Jeremy thought for a moment. "Like when you first met my parents and on the way there you were so nervous you were shaking. It took me nearly twenty minutes to calm you down and once you were settle my parents greeted us at the door and instantly fell in love with you as much as I did." He recalled with a faint smile. I started to grin as well, but instantly wiped it off my face when I remembered who I was with and the topic of our conversation.

"I can't remember the other specific times when I thought about it, but it was usually when I'd catch you smiling, or when you'd be rambling and I wouldn't pay attention, but instead focus on your stunning blue eyes, or the way you would absentmindedly start twirling your hair around your finger."

"Why did you leave," I asked suddenly.

"What?"

"After I came back from the X Factor your mom said you left; why?" I needed to know. It's been eating me away from the inside and I had to know why. I may never get the chance to be fed an answer again.