Chapter Fifteen {Last Chapter}

Chapter Fifteen

"Everything?" He repeated back to me.

"Yes," I confirmed with a gulp. "Everything."

He walked over to one of the couches located in the middle of the room and motioned for me to do to the same with the one across from him. I sighed, but complied. I sat down on the black leather cushion and leaned back, crossing my arms. Neither of us dared to break the silence that rested between us. We were both afraid of the consequences, but I had made a promise to myself today that I would stop avoiding my problems, so I pushed the fear and nerves aside before I spoke up.

"I wanted to apologize and explain for everything since I didn't really get the chance to." That was a lie in all honesty. It's not that I didn't get the chance to, it's that I didn't take that chance when I had it. And Zayn knew that as well, but he saw the point I was trying to make and didn't correct me.

"When you saw what you did in the hotel it wasn't at all what it looked like, I swear. He told me he just needed to rest for an hour or two until he would be on his way."

"He told you? As in that wasn't the truth?" he asked catching my phrasing.

I think I owed him an explanation, so I gave him one. I told him about my trip back to the hotel yesterday and everything Jeremy said. How he admitted to photo shopping the pictures of me and hacking into Zayn's twitter to post them; everything, and it felt amazing to get it all off of my chest. I felt a hundred pounds lighter and it had almost slipped my mind how good of a listener Zayn was. I swear by the time I was done with my explanation an hour had passed but neither of us seemed to care.

"Wow," Zayn said after I was finished talking.

"I know," I agreed, leaning my head against my palm. "And I'm so sorry I didn't tell you any of this sooner but I was just in shock and I was a wreck and I didn't know what to do. I assumed you would never want to see my face ever again."

He shook his head. "Now Perrie you can't possibly take all of the blame for this. I didn't even allow you a chance to explain yourself and I feel awful. I'm sorry and-"

"Zayn there you are mate! We've been searching everywhere for you we've got to get going," Liam interrupted swinging open the door . His eyes visibly widened as he took in the sight of me in the room. "Oh, well I'll, um, leave you two alone just try to hurry it up yeah?" he said and then popped back out of the room. I glanced back at Zayn was now in a standing position.

"I have to be on a plane in an hour and I really have to run. I'm sorry Perrie."

The disappointment from his words was evident on my face. "Can we continue this discussion later?" I asked hopefully. I was not going to give up now. Both of us had been avoiding the elephant in the room and I need to know if we still have a chance at making it through this.

"Maybe," was all he said before he headed towards the door. There was a moment of hesitation before he exited the room. Zayn shot me a small smile, and threw a "see ya later" over his shoulder as his sneakers pounded on the floor.

"See you later." I mumbled to myself as a grin spread across my face. The phrase wasn't filled with any guarantees, but it was still better than goodbye.

-

Two weeks passed since that day and Zayn and I haven't been in much contact. His schedule was hectic in contrast to mine since the girls and I completed our round on the Neon Lights Tour and are taking a short break until we start rehearsals to prep for the Salute Tour. Plus, even though I had unlimited leisure time for the next few days we were both in different time zones which prevented us from having any real conversations. But I guess us talking at all was a good sign. At least I didn't have to worry about Zayn harboring a deep hatred for me anymore, but that didn't cure the unpleasant feeling my stomach.