Chapter Six

Chapter Six

You know, I never really understood why in so many fanfictions, Simon is always an asshole. In reality, he is one of the sweetest and kindest people you'll ever meet- as long as you don't meet him American Idol- so it really confused me why everyone feared and disliked Simon so much. Though, I guess it's more of the type of power he has and how much he contains over the public that terrifies everyone. And now-sitting nervously with my legs crossed in the uncomfortable black chair, I finally understand why everyone is so afraid of him; he had the ability to ruin me at any given moment. I hadn't realized that until now, and it absolutely terrified me.

He took a seat across from me behind the small desk and shot me a smile. It didn't reach his eyes like it usually does, and that caused my nervousness to double.

"Perrie, it's good to see you. How are you Love?"

"Good," is the word that automatically tumbles out of my mouth.

"Look, I know you're on a tight schedule, so I'm just going to get straight to it,"he says and I clasp my hands together on my lap to try and stop them from shaking. "I'm assuming you've seen that, um, rather scandalous photo taken of you, yes?"

I knew that's what this was about. I was foolish for having hope that Simon just wanted to catch up over biscuits and tea.

"Yes, but it's fake I swear," I added the last part quickly.

"Don't worry, that much I know, but it seems the majority of the public does not."

"I know." Oh boy did I know.

"Are you also aware that everybody thinks Zayn is the one who released that photo?"

"Yes," I pause, "did he?"

"I-" he stopped himself as if thinking deeply about his next words. "Perrie, you and I both know who Zayn is and what he's capable of and surely this isn't included."

There has to be a 'but' somewhere, there always is.

"But," Simon continued. I knew it. "There are pictures of the photo attached to one of Zayn's tweets. I haven't personally seen the tweet, although I'm sure it's fake."

"So, what do you want me to do about this whole situation, exactly?" I was a bit scared of his answer. It could be one of a million different things and the ones I have in mind aren't any I'd prefer.

"Right now, I don't have any specific orders, but until then just deny the photo and tell everyone the truth; it's fake," he said and I was a little relieved.

"Okay," I agreed. Did he really make me endure a three hour car ride just to tell me to do what I would've done anyway?

"You're free to go then. Just don't be surprised if you get a call from me later this week." I wasn't sure if that was a bad thing or not but either way it made a bad feeling form in the pit of my stomach.

I nodded and then we exchanged goodbyes before I exited the building and got back into the car that was waiting for me outside. We had a concert later tonight, but other than that there was nothing else on the agenda for today. That meant I had the next few hours to relax, though I found that to be quite difficult to do.

-

A week of interviews, signings, concerts and live performances went by without a call from Simon. I still wasn't sure if that was a bad thing or not, but I hoped for the latter. Zayn and I have also been in minimal contact with each other this past week, random text messages and five minute phone calls being our only form of communication. Both of our schedules are hectic with each of us touring and we barely talk anymore and that frightens me. I only have a couple months left of touring while Zayn has nearly a year and both of us have silently agreed to wait for serious conversation until we're able to talk face to face, so I'm not really sure when we'll get the opportunity to work things out, or even if we'll get the chance really. All I know know is that I love Zayn and he loves me, since we both exchanged that information at the end of the last phone call which brought a smile to my face and relief to my mind.