Chapter 8

I have come to my senses. I think I fancy her. She is beautiful and smart and she knows what's important on life.

I'm asking her out. Today.

I walked into the common room to find her on the couch. Crying. She was in a blue tank top and silver pajama bottoms and she looked like was going to fall asleep any second now. "What's wrong?" "I don't want to tell you." I was taken aback. She tells me everything. I decided to change the subject. "Wasn't Molly supposed to be sleeping over here tonight?"

"Yes but she went home when she found out what happened,"joined Alissa.

"What happened?" I asked Ari again. This is not the question I want to be asking her.

"I won't tell you," Ari sniffed.

"How am I supposed to help you if you won't tell me?"

"You won't."

"What's wrong?" I repeated, raising my voice subtly.

"Why do you care?" she raised her voice.

" Because I want to help!" I said. I can feel my temper rising so I got louder.

"Tell me what's wrong!"

"No!" she replied stubbornly.

"JUST TELL ME!" I yelled.

"DON'T YELL AT ME!" her face softened. I extended a hand to Ari but she flinched back like I was going to hurt her.

"Just don't yell at me," she was crying softly. She then turned on her heel, ran up to the girls' dorms, came down to the common room with floo powder in her hand, and stepped into the fireplace. She mumbled something under her breath and was gone in a flare of green flames.