Chapter 9

"Oi! Where were you in Muggle Studdies?" bellowed Robert, his face a brutal shade of plum purple. It was pretty funny. "Ummmm, we don't take that class anymore," Lisya giggled. "It is true Mr. Plum! I am taking more classes than you, so no complaining!" I giggled, looking at his dark purple face. Robert stormed up the stairs and an awkward silence followed. Then, Sophie and Chase pulled off an invisibility cloak, cackling like, well, witches. Someone tapped my shoulder. "Hey, Ari? Will you come down to the lake with me?"Lucas whispered.

After sneaking out of the castle without being noticed, we sat next to the lake.

"Look, if you don't want to go to the ball with me, I understand."

"Are you kidding? Of course I wanna go with you! You're my best friend!"

He smiled and began to lean towards me, then, I began to lean forward too. Just as my eyes closed, I felt something shove me,and my lungs filled with water.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas' POV

After hearing a huge splash, my eyes snapped open. What just happened? I almost kissed Ari, after she told me I was her BEST FRIEND. Not a boyfriend. What was I bloody thinking? Then, a splash. Ari. Where's Ari? Chase, Madon, and Robert were smirking, and the girls, along with Molly, were laughing hystarically.

Out of no where,Ari popped out of the water and she gasped for air. After pushing her wet hair out of her face, she glared at all of us and stomped up to the castle without another word.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariana's POV

I stormed into the bathroom and showered. When I came out, the girls all looked at me and said,"We are so sorry." I pushed my way through, went down to the common room, sat on the couch, curled up into a ball, and cried.

About ten minutes of crying later, Chase, Lucas, Sophie, and Liysa came in and sat around me. "Leave me alone!" I sobbed into my knees. "Ari, look we are all really sorry! Please forgive us!" Sophie pleaded. "Come on sis! You don't even know the whole story!"

I glared up at them. "Yes. I do. You told Lucas to take me down to the lake and almost kiss me so that I would close my eyes, then push me into the lake! I should never have trusted you guys!" I sobbed harder into my knees. "No! I just wanted to talk to you!" Lucas defended," I had nothing to do with this!"

"It was Robert!" Sophie blurted," He was upset that you ditched them in Muggle Studies, so he had us follow you and when you closed your eyes he pushed you in!"

After that, I forgave them and relaxed as I let the fire's crackles and the conversation lull me to sleep.

FINALLY!! A new chapter! I am so sorry, I have be a hecka busy. I will try to update soon! 1Love, Kik