Chapter 10

When I woke up, everyone was gazing down at me. My brother was grinning madly, while the two girls were gazing longingly at me. "Why are you looking at me?"I broke the silence. "Because you're beautiful," Lucas smiled. I was so confused. What are we now? We are still friends right? Everything is changing, and I don't know if I like it. I need a sign!

A few months passed and the ball was getting dangerously close. It's December, Christmas was right around the corner. Time to shop for gifts! I had no problem with that, and the shopping literally took like 2 hours. After that, the girls and I went to Hogsmede(Professor McGonnagal said we could go to Hogsmede to get anything we need for the ball ) and got the finishing touches for my outfit.

Christmas came and I was alone in the common room. Suddenly, the guys raced downstairs laughing loudly. "Merry Chistmas Ari!" they giggled. yeah, they giggled.

."Bloody hell, boys, its a bit early for that isn't it?" Sophie stomped down the stairs, and when ahe got down it slapped her shoulder and hissed,"Language!" "I don't bloody care, they should know by now that I hate being woken up in the morning." she growled at me,and glared at the pare of them. "Merry Christmas," I chuckled sarcastically.

That night, we all sat out our dresses for the ball, which was at dusk tomorrow. Sophie sighed sadly as she put her dress on her bed.

"What's up Soph?" Liysa asked.

"I just wish someone had asked me to the ball, that all," she sighed.

"Wait, no one asked you?" I asked, shocked. And the shock increased when she nodded and looked confused. Chase told me he would ask her. He's had a crush on her since the sorting.

"CHASE!" I stomped downstairs, fuming.

"What?" he asked.

''YOU CHICKENED OUT!"

"I chickened out of what?"

"YOU KNOW VERY WELL WHAT!"

"Oh. That." he slumped forward."I almost did, but I freaked out."

"Do it now. No one else asked her."

"Ok, fine."

I sent Sophie down and stayed in the dorm, reading. About 5 minutes later we her a loud,"YES!" from the common room.

"Hey Lisya, who are you going with?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, um, I'm going with Robert,"she blushed crimson as she said it.

The next morning,I told Molly to meet us in the Room of Requirment to get ready together at 3:30. Once 3:30 rolled around, Molly, Sophie,Liysa, and I were all in the RoR with our dresses. Molly's was red, Liysa's was pale pink, Sophie's was purple,and mine was Ravenclaw blue.

"So what do you wanna do with your hair?" Molly asked, looking at my hair, which was almost down to my waist.

I had to think about this very carefully,"Ummmmm, just brush it and curl the ends. I have something to put in it."

"Ok," Molly said as she took a brush to my long hair.

In the end, Molly put her hair in a bun, Liysa crimped her hair, and Sophie curled and put her hair in a ponytail.

At 4:00, the sun began to go down and we met our dates at the Great Hall. There was a stage where the "Teacher Table" usually is, and the house banners were hanging on the wall.

"I wonder who is representing Ravenclaw," Chase said, looking at a group of Slytherins who were lifting up a sly looking 5th year with sleek, black hair and yelling,"ALL HAIL SALAZAR! ALL HAIL SALAZAR!" 

"No idea,"Robert glared at them, putting an arm around Liysa's waist. I'll have to keep an eye on that.

"I know who," Sophie smirked, "and so does Ari."

No you didn't. Why!?

"Um, yeah! She's in our year actually," I chuckeled nervously.

"Ok,"Chase smirked. Oh great, now he knows too.

"Hey, um, Lucas, I gotta go to the bathroom," I lied.

"Yeah, ok," he said awkwardly.

I took a passage to a room just behind the Hall where the Slytherin from earlier stood in dark green robes, Madon in Maroon and Gold robes, and a little 1st year Hufflepuff girl in a yellow and black dress. 

"I like your dress," she said so quietly, it was almost a whisper.

"Thank you! I like yours too! I'm Ariana!"

"I'm Lucy,my great-great-great-great-great grandmother was Hezibah Smith, a decendent of Helga Hufflepuff," she explained.

"My dad's side of the family are direct decendents of Rownea Ravenclaw." I said

"I am the only decendent of Gryffindorat hogwarts, my older brother already graduated and my sister is 10," Madon joined in, "I'm Madon by the way."

Then the Slytherin said,"My great-great-great-great grandfather was Morfin Gaunt. I'm Zander  Gaunt."

Not even 2 minutes later, Headmistress Mcgonnagal came in and told us it was almost time. Then she walked out and set the Sorting Hat out on the stage.